Thread: Need help with bmp problem, west host is 0 help.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar

Angry Need help with bmp problem, west host is 0 help.

Ok, I'm in this big old fight with godaddy hosting, they seem to think I'm a moron. Maybe I am, but that's besides the point. anyever...

I got this new hosting account with them and the server won't load .bmp images for some odd reason. I have tried to upload one useing 4 different ftp programs including the IE browser window. When you go to the image url it's a blank page with url to the image displayed, but no image. I have two godaddy hosting accounts and one works just fine. In the 10 years I have been making websites I have never had any problems uploading .bmp images. So what in the world is perventing them from displaying correctly? I can't figure it out. And godaddy keeps telling me It's something I am doing wrong. Anyone know what could be cuaseing a bmp image to load in this way? I have never had this problem before?

by the way, it's a linux server with php and cgi, which is the same as my other account that works fine. And yes, I know how to upload a picture, . I'm thinking it's something on their end, I'm on a shared hosting server so I don't have cpanel access or anything like that to look for myself. So I would like to be able to tell those morons what to look for.

unfortunately you have come across one of the many reasons people do not chose to host with godaddy. If you cannot get them to fix this for you then you really should be looking for a new host. After all, your online business depends on it.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    It's fixed now, it took yelling at 4 different support people over 24 hours. The only thing I hate about godaddy is there support phoneline, everything else works good for me thou. hopefully I won't have anymore problems.