Thread: Damn I fucked my knee up, while sitting

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Damn I fucked my knee up, while sitting

I didn't think it was possible to fuck my knee that much just by sitting.
    I like to put one leg under my ass and something got stretched, it hasn't been fun the last week+ limping around. :cry:

Now I know why they gave me a C in typing class for sittling like im in a yoga class

So lesson learned, don't sit on your leg, don't stretch out, don't put your feet up on the desk or you'll be walking like a 90 year old lady for 2 weeks

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    That happened to me a few weeks ago to because of how i sit (one leg under the other) while im at the desk.

Every now and again ive started to stretch both legs out under the table to excersie them somewhat otherwise my knee just goes numb and starts to ache for days at a time.

Regards,

Lee

I'm just gona get me one of those scooters for old people and roam around the house

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hahaha every time i see that 'hover round' commercial i tell Gary thats what i want for Christmas LMAO

Regards,

Lee

Ouch - sorry to hear you messed up a knee like that.

And given the hours people spend at computers, I still don't understand why most computer furniture doesn't have one of those foot rest bars as part of the design. To date, I think I've seen ONE built like that.

Something you might try -- get one of those single plastic file cases, or something about that height, and shove it under the desk to act like an ottoman, & throw a small pillow on top of it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. I doc always tell me to rice when hurting....

R - rest
    I - ice
    C- compress
    E - elevate

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

your doc is right. I feel great after a night of sleep and as soon as I sit on the chair in 30m it feels bad

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG
    your doc is right. I feel great after a night of sleep and as soon as I sit on the chair in 30m it feels bad
    You might want to go to the physical therpast if it hurts after only 30 minutes. Also if you can go and sit and a hot tub and put the jets on the area that hurts that helps alot. You can also ice before you go into the hot tub. I hope it gets better soon.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Paco
    Sorry to hear/read about the knee - they suck!
    The smartest advice, I guess, would be to see a professional such as a physiotherapist, or sports therapists.

I telemark ski (one turn = one lunge), kite jump and many other stressful activities (such as scrambling) and knee injuries are very very very very ... common, however, I do not let them hold me back.

I believe the best thing to do (with a damaged body part) is to keep it active (less stressful activities, such as walking) and stretch (properly - no 'bouncing') twice a day (morning and night).

Rest is necessary, but I believe that too much will prolong the recovery and weaken the part/area---possibly causing problems on the body part that has taken over the 'work'; also, that (resting) is what I do when I am sleeping (I add a few hours to my slumber).

I only ice IF the part is swollen.
    I rarely apply heat because I find it makes the area too sensitive, once removed.

I always use a 'Tensor' (compression) bandage on the injured part, while I am active (not when sitting around or resting), but not too tightly wrapped.

I only use anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Vitamin 'I' (ibuprofen) when the area is acting up (serious pressure &/or pain &/or swelling).

I do have an extremely high threshold for pain, but that is how I deal with knee injuries.

Best of luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

krusher
    That does suck when you figure it is a injury from being on the computer! LOL
    Stretching is the best that you can do before, during and after. I'm on a computer at work all day long and I'm much more aware of strain and tension from typing, and sitting. I too am pretty active with exercise and mountain biking but again, just like any physical activity, you have to adjust the body (and take breaks!).

Hope you feel better!