Thread: Congrats Ponyboy, winner of $1000 from GayWebmasters.com

What are you doing with my blanket? Dick Hunter's Avatar

Congrats Ponyboy, winner of $1000 from GayWebmasters.com

Please join me in congratulating Ponyboy of WorldTwink.com, winner of this months $1000 giveaway from GayWebmasters.com. I'm very happy to see him win, since he can really use the money. For those of you who don't know, his lover is stuck in Malaysia and the US Embassy will not give him a new visa. They had to hire several lawyers, and needless to say money is tight. I hope the $1000 helps a lot!

Today's giveaway was the fourth of five $1000 giveaways being held by GayWebmasters.com. To qualify for the final giveaway, you simply need to register for your free account, and post at least one forum post, directory listing, or blog entry before midnight, May 31st. The final chances of winning today's drawing was 1 in 122, once again making this once of the best contests around! The official contest thread is located here:

http://www.gaywebmasters.com/forums/viewthread/217/
    Shaun aka Bear aka Dick Hunter

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Congrats on the win and i hope the embassy in Malaysia gets your partners stuff sorted out babe.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Congrats on the win, best wishes on sorting out that visa thing..
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    Really happy to see you win Roy!! Congratulations and dont let the immigaration bastards get you down.

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    Great to hear, that someone wins who realy needs it. Congrats Ponyboy!
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

That's an awesome win for him right now, I know he can sure use the $$. Way to go Roy!

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippi
    Great to hear, that someone wins who realy needs it.
    :yeah:

Congratulations and best of luck to you.

nice score, Roy, congrats!

cheers,
    Luke

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hunter
    Today's giveaway was the fourth of five $1000 giveaways being held by GayWebmasters.com. To qualify for the final giveaway, you simply need to register for your free account, and post at least one forum post, directory listing, or blog entry before midnight, May 31st. The final chances of winning today's drawing was 1 in 122, once again making this once of the best contests around! The official contest thread is located here:

http://www.gaywebmasters.com/forums/viewthread/217/
    I have a question?

Why is another owner of a competing forum (similiar name as well) coming over to this forum to tell us who won over on his forum?

Maybe that is what forums do, but I have never seen GWW or any other forum going over to another forum and broadcasting to their members who won on another forum, this seems as if it would be stealing traffic, not very classy and a lil shady.

I actually don't think it would be allowed and the post would of been deleted and considered spam.

Accept my apologies if I am missing something. Just seems a little weird to me as being a owner of a business myself.

Oh and congratulations to Ponyboy that won!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam
    I have a question?

Why is another owner of a competing forum (similiar name as well) coming over to this forum to tell us who won over on his forum?
    Ever heard something about friendship?
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lippi
    Ever heard something about friendship?
    Oh definitely. I am friends with owners of other cam sites, but I don't think they would want me advertising my site in their chat rooms to their members. I also wouldn't take advantage of their friendship by doing that, it is a business.

Also if they are friends, it appears as if he has only posted 22 posts on GWW since he joined Dec 2005, which is about when he started his other forum, only posts I have ever seen him post on here are about his forum. :juggle:

No big deal, I just found it interesting and was curious how friendly competition worked in the forum world.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Jacob,

http://www.gaywebmasters.com is actually a current sponsor of the GWW Community hence why Shauns post got stickied and left up

If you havent already done so, head on across to http://www.gaywebmasters.com and create an account there, who knows, you might end up winning $1000 by doing so :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Now it makes a litle more sense. I was curious to how that was all working out. I didn't know he was a sponsor. Like I posted in my original post "Accept my apologies if I am missing something."

It just seemed interesting to me.

That is like going into Dillards and Macy's having their Summer Sale signs inside of Dillard's. I have never observed a company to do this, which is why it was so interesting to me. That is great you all can share with each other and yet be competing in the same exact business.

Again I send my apologies, for missing something. Just my business mind was trying to figure out how forums compete differently from how other companies compete amongst each other.

My apologies to Dick Hunter and his site www.gaywebmasters.com, which I am a member of myself.

Lee I am glad you clarified this because I think others may of had the same thoughts I had, now the air is cleared for all.
    Thanks,
    Jacob