Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program Owners - An Interesting Question..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought Program Owners - An Interesting Question..

Lets say you have 2 sites that you want t get redesigned.

Site 1 has made 25 sales with a little over 10k hits having been sent to it.

Site 2 has made 25 sales with a little over 20k hits having been sent to it.

Which site do you redesign first and why?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Site 2 as it has the lower conversion ratio so it could use it. Now some might say one as it already has a decent conversion ratio, but why screw that up, use the poorer showing one to test out the new design to see if it improves.. then move it on over.. In addition you should see the results sooner using site 2 versus 1. :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Site 2 as it has the lower conversion ratio so it could use it. Now some might say one as it already has a decent conversion ratio, but why screw that up, use the poorer showing one to test out the new design to see if it improves.. then move it on over.. :coffee:
    Right, thats what im thinking although, it might be better changing the one with the better conversions because, you'd find out if the new design worked better.. Faster.

Its kind of a catch-22 situation i know im just trying to figure this one out as i have a couple of sites i want to give a small over-haul to on Condom Cash.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Right, thats what im thinking although, it might be better changing the one with the better conversions because, you'd find out if the new design worked better.. Faster.

Its kind of a catch-22 situation i know im just trying to figure this one out as i have a couple of sites i want to give a small over-haul to on Condom Cash.

Regards,

Lee
    Well you fix the broken one first I'd think. I mean given that both give you identical sales, but one takes twice as much traffic, then that one would be easier to test on... mathmatically speaking. I would say it wouldn't be faster on site 1 because you need 25 sign ups before 10000 visits, while in theory if you had 25 sign ups in 10000 on site 2 you'd know without having to hit 20000 that you had a winner.

Site 1 would be your control site, the benchmark you gauge the other one too.. hence why you'd leave site 1 alone and work on site 2..

site 2 seems to get twice the traffic. if that's true, i'd redo it first.

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    If it is not the same source of traffic both bet fed by try switching the designs

If they are the same source/quality of traffic redo #2 - it just eats visitors

Xstr8guy
    That's easy. Do them both. Duh!

Paco
    Neither - I've already spent the money on a new pair of skis!
    (Oh yah … that is why I don't own shat!)

The second, because it is wasting traffic - this is where I would 'experiment' or test new ideas (of course).
    I would leave the first alone, at least until the ratio drops below 'x' (x=my magic #), or the 2nd has matched or exceeded sales, consistently.

maxpower
    Sorry Lee, but this “question” is rather boring, I would think even people with-out a members sites or really any web sites at all would know the answer. I have faith that you knew the answer before to created this thread, and was mainly created to give people something to talk about

considering that not everyone gave the same answer, it is obvious that there is not a single answer, which negates your rude post.

btw, if you aren't interested in a post, just don't read past the point where you lose interest - and please don't post on it. posts like these add nothing to the community and you are not our arbiter of what is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Sorry Lee, but this “question” is rather boring, I would think even people with-out a members sites or really any web sites at all would know the answer. I have faith that you knew the answer before to created this thread, and was mainly created to give people something to talk about

Paco
    BINGO - busines blah blah is just oh so boring.

I'd rather yammer on about what I had for lunch ... oh yah, that's not allowed.

Sorry.

maxpower
    Why not make a lunch thread? I made a coffee one not too long ago, hell we have to eat, I remember a lunch thread when Lee was off line for awhile.

I would not really call this a “business” thread more like a busy time thread, but like Bass said I am not the arbiter of this site “I do love the use of the word arbiter I think its the best thing anyone said” the only way that the #1 site should be updated first is that the #2 site has Asian oriented content. Sorry but I am not a big fan of Asian sites :china:

it depends on the sites and the quality of traffic you are sending to them. For instance, if site 1 is a niche site that gets focused traffic whereas site 2 is a general site that gets mostly tgp traffic, then maybe site 2 is doing well after all.

Paco
    Why not make a lunch thread? I made a coffee one not too long ago, hell we have to eat, I remember a lunch thread when Lee was off line for awhile.
    Somebody did (around the same time you posted the java thread), however it was closed, quickly.