Thread: Interesting Conversation I Just Had About Business Success..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Interesting Conversation I Just Had About Business Success..

So ive just been speaking to someone ive known quite well for a few years in the adult industry and we got talking about success and perceived values etc etc.

Basically, he told me that the more successfull a company gets, he harder it becomes to keep that success however, after a while, more people start noticing you and thus, you become more successfull.

His comment started me thinking about just how much what we perceive to be true, actually is.

For example, lets say an affiliate made $50k last month, would you say that they were successfull?

I think most of us would probably say yes however, what if, to make that $50k the webmasters needed to spend $49k?

On the flip side of the coin, what if an affiliate made $100 last month but, to do so, ended up spending $500, does that make them more or less successfull than the first affiliate?

Perception is a weird thing for sure.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    50k – 49k = 1k
    100$ – 500$ = -400$

:nerd:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    lee, I think I know what you were trying to say, but when you were converting from pounds to dollars you lost something in the translation. :-)
    [or was it from the queen's english to floridian???]

If an affiliate gets a check for $50,000 in one month but spends $49,000 in one month on his program,

Is he more or less successful than the affilate that gets a $2000 check but spends $1000 on his program?

Both netted $1000.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    lee, I think I know what you were trying to say, but when you were converting from pounds to dollars you lost something in the translation. :-)
    [or was it from the queen's english to floridian???]

If an affiliate gets a check for $50,000 in one month but spends $49,000 in one month on his program,

Is he more or less successful than the affilate that gets a $2000 check but spends $1000 on his program?

Both netted $1000.

LOL I would say then the second one was the best situation because it takes less risk to get to the same 1000$

yeah, but it really depends on how that $49,000 was spent. if $25,000 of it was reinvested into his business - say more content, allowing him to update twice as frequenty so he retained more members, and also used that content to start a new site, that money could make him more successful.

or since we're talking affiliate - if that affiliate paid $10,000 for a new advertising campaign that is 6 months long and another that is 3 months long and put $5000 into paid search engine hits, and if he is knowledgeable, this could bring him more future income and mean he is more successful.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    I would say it depends on the goals of the business.

If I am working in my spare time and can make a $1000 profit by investing only $1000, then I'd be happy and consider myself successful. Nice return on investment.

On the other hand, if I have a brand or a business that I am trying to develop then $2000 in sales would not make me happy. I would consider myself more successful if I was generating $50,000 in revenue because I am reaching more consumers and growing my brand. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money, especially for the long term.

It all depends on the long term goals of the business and where they are in the developement of their business.

You say toMAYtoe, I say ToMAWtoe! ;-)

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Talking about a theoretical affiliate earning $50k/mo makes me feel all small and insignificant.

Hard to say. Success is pretty subjective. I consider myself successful if I profit at least as much as I did at my old job.