Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those Of You Who Dont Own A Paysite..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Those Of You Who Dont Own A Paysite..

I was wondering if you had any plans in the future to start your own?

If so, is this something you have been properly planning for or, will it be something that just 'happens' when the time is right?

If you arent planning on opening your own paysite, why not? Do you not feel it is worth the hassles or perhaps you are happy with sending traffic to others?

Just wondered what the general consensus was with affiliates moving to the paysite owner arena?

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    I'm getting ready to launch a new site here soon, but as with all my past sites it will be free. I don't know if I would ever open a pay site or not. I use to work for a pay site a few years back and it was fun for a while. But photo shoot after video shoot after support email just starts to get to you after a while. I guess it may be different working for myself than working for someone else. As the money might make all the hassels worth it.

Overall, I have done well with affiliates in the past, and all I have to do is send traffic which is pretty easy. It's like getting payed to sit and do nothing, hehe. I don't know, I don't have plans to become a pay site owner anytime soon but who knows what the future will bring. One plus for me is if I ever do it I know how to do it.

desslock
    Starting a paysite would compromise my own personal business model.

#1) Do not carry inventory.
    #2) Do not handle money.

Anything else is pretty much up for consideration. Undertaking an enterprise with either or both of those options requires significantly more risk and capital.

It's also an entirely different job. Affiliates are confined to one main focus - and that is marketing. Producers are essentialy outsourcing their marketing by implementing affiliate programs. Becomng a producer that handles money - or a website enterprise that handles money - really is a different kind of business alltogether. Thay are not only potentially marketing, but also closing the sale, creating products/services, etc.

And for some people with the right ideas and capital, you can obviously do very well. Higher risk does mean potentially higher rewards. :groovy:

Steve

sarahwebinc
    As soon as I get my British passport and therefore qualify for the ccbill eu account I am finally opening mine.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahwebinc
    As soon as I get my British passport and therefore qualify for the ccbill eu account I am finally opening mine.
    How long does it still take to get you one? you could open up a Limited and start from there...

:develish:

hey, sarah - you starting yours in one of the niches we talked about last year? if so, please keep me posted!

Sana Chan
    Like Desslock I have no inventory to sell, other than my stories. Plus I'm not "web-savy" like some people. I have no real plans to start a paysite but after I get my new computer I may attempt to set up a website to advertise my stories.

Paco
    Nope!
    I work for Large Cash on a full-time basis, which is more than enough for me - I am not interested in dedicating more time to 'work'.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    You know my plans, Lee ;-)

sarahwebinc
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH
    How long does it still take to get you one? you could open up a Limited and start from there...

:develish:

It is a matter of me getting off my ass and sending in the check. So, another couple weeks.

sarahwebinc
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    hey, sarah - you starting yours in one of the niches we talked about last year? if so, please keep me posted!

The first one will be an all exclusive content BBW site but the ones to follow will all be micro niches. That is what I am all about

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It is a matter of me getting off my ass and sending in the check. So, another couple weeks.
    Cant you just head down to the local UKPS in London and give them a check?

It took me about 3 hours last time i had to get a passport at shot notice in the UK.

Regards,

Lee

sarahwebinc
    Yeah, it is the getting off my ass that will take weeks. They need to see my American passport because I have dual citizenship and I needed my American passport for my trip to the forum.

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    Starting a paysite would compromise my own personal business model.

#1) Do not carry inventory.
    #2) Do not handle money.

Anything else is pretty much up for consideration. Undertaking an enterprise with either or both of those options requires significantly more risk and capital.

It's also an entirely different job. Affiliates are confined to one main focus - and that is marketing. Producers are essentialy outsourcing their marketing by implementing affiliate programs. Becomng a producer that handles money - or a website enterprise that handles money - really is a different kind of business alltogether. Thay are not only potentially marketing, but also closing the sale, creating products/services, etc.

And for some people with the right ideas and capital, you can obviously do very well. Higher risk does mean potentially higher rewards. :groovy:

Steve
    What he said.

I'm not as web-saavy as the experts here, or have their resources. But I have my own strengths. I can write good copy when I want to. I can market and play with traffic and make it convert better than program averages, often times much better.

If something isn't profitable, it's easy to swap links for something else. Minimal risks.

robin
    No, owning my own paysite doesn't really interest me. The type of work, hassels and commitment involved with a paysite aren't for me. I like advertising and promoting things -- thats what I like doing.