Thread: DVD Ripping Software

Dzinerbear

DVD Ripping Software

Hi guys,

I've licenced some content that is on DVD's, not copied to a DVD, but the kind of produced DVD with chapters and menus etc., can anyone recommend some good software to rip these DVDs so I can have access to the raw video clips?

Thanks
    Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    This is what i use..

http://www.yasasoft.com/yasadvdtompeg/

Works okay for my needs although, to be fair, its annoying sometimes trying to get the 'scenes' lined up properly for ripping. Nothing that you can deal with ifyou are patient though

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I have tried a number of different commercial ripping programs and none of them were able to produce a working file. The audio doesn't work or lags, the program crashes, the files don't work, etc.

I resigned myself to using freeware VirtualDub Mod. It works great but I can't seem to figure out the audio. The encoded file plays perfectly but the surfer needs to have AC3Filter installed on their computers. Is that normal?

Michael, email sent

Defiant
    I use Vegas Video 6 for editing, myself. One really nice thing I have noticed with this program is that it will open and edit the vob files from DVDs, so you don't actually have to rip the DVD in order to work with the footage. This eliminates the sync problem that you often find when trying to rip video, and you get no quality loss from editing footage that has already been converted once.

Mugshot
    Just copy the main VOB files
    the big ones, over 1GB usually

Those contain the video data ... it's basically a MPEG-2 file

I use Mpeg2Cut to edit them
    VOBMerge to join them

Cheers

Mugshot
    If you need more help contact me...
    We also offer a high-quality encoding service