Thread: Whats The Life Cycle Of Content?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Whats The Life Cycle Of Content?

For both images and movie content specifically?

Do you think that there is a certan 'timeframe' associated with content and its effectiveness also, if you do, how long do you think it is between the content becoming 'stale' and becoming 'fresh' again on the net?

Also, what dictates content becoming 'stale' the amount of time it has been around or, the amount of people that have seen it?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

Content is always new to someone ... and when it REALLY screams OLD - it becomes VINTAGE content!!

I think we as webmasters "see" sets more often than the average surfer does, esp the ones that are purchased. If it's exclusive, it can remain fresh for quite awhile. I'd think if you wanted to start a rotation of it within the member areas it would be "new" all over again even a year or so later.

dial
    I am pretty sure all your stolen content can last forever

I'd rather be whole, than good
    RUDE:uhoh:

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Content is always new to someone ... and when it REALLY screams OLD - it becomes VINTAGE content!!
    Yeah Bec, and if its not "vintage" then its "classic!"

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Given that membership in paysites is often times 7 months or less, the idea was proposed to us that we could do regular updates of new content for 7 months, then just rotate it and it will always appear new to the majority. and in this case you could use content as "fresh" until it has too many cumstains to look fresh anymore....then it will be "classic" or "vintage"

i think with the right CMS showing users new content on rotation you could theoretically use the same content for several years without it's shelf life expiring.

bec - you are SOOOO right

tombarr - the catch is that most sites have members who return every 2 - 3 months to catch up on the update - lots of them. i've been talking to other webmasters about this, and i'm far from the only one. if all the updates are recycled, you lose those guys and there's a fair bunch of them.

anyway, rotating content means your site never gets bigger, and bigger sites retain better.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    bec - you are SOOOO right

tombarr - the catch is that most sites have members who return every 2 - 3 months to catch up on the update - lots of them. i've been talking to other webmasters about this, and i'm far from the only one. if all the updates are recycled, you lose those guys and there's a fair bunch of them.

anyway, rotating content means your site never gets bigger, and bigger sites retain better.
    Basschick, yes, personally i agree with that, and as I stated "the idea was proposed to us that...." it's certainly not the philosophy we share nor practice on asianguys.com .

We also concur with the returning customers being an integral portion of our sites membership sales reality.