Thread: Amount of countent on a paysite ?

xooz

Amount of countent on a paysite ?

Hello,

I'm planing to build some paysites using my own content.

which amount of content is acceptable / recommanded on a paysite member area ? (mini/average/max amount of sets and vids).

Thank you.

xooz
    Just wanted to add this : the paysites will be highly niched.

that depends on a lot of things.

1. how often will you be updating?
    2. assuming you will offer video, how long will the average video be? if they're really short due to the niche, you'll want more of 'em.
    3. will you be offering high rez pics?
    4. will you be offering other content beside pics and videos?
    5. how micro is the niche and how many other sites are there in that niche?

xooz
    Thank you for your reply.

1. monthly updates (not sure)
    2. 10-20mn videos
    3. high rez pics
    4. only pics + videos
    5. the niches are really specific, highly targeted and does not exist (or not much than 1 or 2 sites...). Example : twinks using strange "fucking machines", sex + food, and other things like that.

israeli32
    I've been reading your thread, and I must ask: is there a market for highly niched gay sex sites, regardless of the niche itself, just because it is highly niched? Please advice.

xooz
    I don't think it's only a question of niche.
    In my opinion, a very unique site, with very specific and targeted content, will be more attractive than a "mega site" without anything particular comparing to the average gay paysite.
    It's not only a question of niche, because there's some very particular website which aren't niched, but focusing on an attractive and exclusive model (JesseJardine.com...). But a very particular niche can also make the difference, the "never-seen-before" touch.

(sorry for my english)

not all niches are good niches. hopefully yours will work out, but some do - some don't.

if you have at least 4 updates per month and good quality videos and pics, and if the niche is as tight and rare as you say, you could probably get away with starting with 8 sets. obviously the more you have, the better. personally i'd be inclined to start with at least 12 videos with pics.

xooz
    ok. Then, 30 sets + 15 vids should be a good start. Thank you.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by xooz

For a AVS sies ya that wold be a good one :groovy:

that'll do fine for a start. keep in mind that max has a paysite that is all plugins with no content on his server and he works the most overexposed niche there is - twinks. there are pepole on this board with sites smaller than what you're talking about who get retention due to the scarcity of the niche.

Quote Originally Posted by xooz

xooz
    Thanks you !