Thread: Study Shows Being Gay is all in Our Heads

Study Shows Being Gay is all in Our Heads

Actually, the results show that Lesbians and Gay men react to sexual hormones differently than their hetero counterparts.

MSN

WASHINGTON - Lesbians’ brains react differently to sex hormones than those of heterosexual women.

An earlier study of gay men also showed their brain response was different from straight men — an even stronger difference than has now been found in lesbians.

Lesbians’ brains reacted somewhat, though not completely, like those of heterosexual men, a team of Swedish researchers said in Tuesday’s edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Read the full article and cast your vote: Research

I'm thrilled to actually see an article about research along these lines finally hitting a huge news feature. I was taught this in pre-med biology over 11 years ago ... it's not new news and by no means the first study of this type, but it's info that has been buried in debate and coverups for a long long time.

Marc
    Great find Bec
    Heres the poll from the article
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12691851/

The results so far:
    Is sexual orientation determined by brain chemistry and hormones? * 14030 responses

No, being gay or straight is a choice. - 21%
    Yes, there's a biological basis for it - 66%
    Not sure. More research needs to be done - 13%

Its sad that we even have to have these articles and polls, but at least they tip in our favor

robin
    LOL -- and here I thought you had gone off your rocker bec! I was thinking that you'd been turned or something -- so I was biting my tounge and not looking at the thread...

Anyhoo -- yeah very good news -- like you said not exactly new but something thats re-affirming.

I saw the news at Yahoo and blogged about it and thats when I twigged to that this report was what you were probably talking about. doh.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Yeah Bec...

I could have told you that! All I need is a good whiff of testosterone to remind me of my sexual orientation!

"They found that the brains of gay men reacted more like those of women than of straight men."

But, I'm not so sure about that statement…

I'm not sure that I share the same "shopping gene" - I tend to ignore Rodeo Drive most of the time (unless we've got some out-of-town visitors)!

I wonder if I can get myself registered for one of them Swedish sex studies?!?!

I always did like those balls - those Swedish Meatie Balls…woof!

Marc
    Didnt they find homosexuality in animals too? Gay lambs and gay dolphins?
    I heard about it years ago.

I remember something about they released a bunch of horny male lambs into a barn with males and females in it, and half the horny males fucked the other male lambs, and half fucked the females.

Remember those gay penguins a few years ago too, Wendell and Cass? Then one of the men left to get a female and the church released statements cheering about it?
    so bizarre,

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    LOL -- and here I thought you had gone off your rocker bec! I was thinking that you'd been turned or something -- so I was biting my tounge and not looking at the thread...

Anyhoo -- yeah very good news -- like you said not exactly new but something thats re-affirming.

I saw the news at Yahoo and blogged about it and thats when I twigged to that this report was what you were probably talking about. doh.
    LOL and here I thought my thread title would have you clicking ASAP!!! :goseek:

prairiegrrl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec

Lesbians’ brains reacted somewhat, though not completely, like those of heterosexual men
    haha now i know why I've always wanted to write my name in pee in the snow. :cheese:

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    I guess that it all depends upon which "head" they are refering to...

I've been frequently accused of thinking through my "dick" or other "head" which can sometimes be a good thing in this BIZ we're in? maybe yes?