Thread: Google Analytics

skot

Google Analytics

anyone else using Google Analytics (formerly Urchin)? Looks pretty powerful for stats; I'mt rying to figure out "1 in x" numbres right now (like "all the traffic from my TGPs converts at 1 in 2000") but am not sure how. I have the basics stats in place, tho, and it's working great. Highly recommended and the price is right (Free) :-)

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Yep I use it and it is very good, once you figure out all the goals and stuff. Extremely powerful but yeah its free, but by invite for the moment as they are out of space... or something like that. :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Billaboy
    Yeah it's free.... but by using it you let them know A WHOLE LOT of things that you wouldn't normally want to be sharing with other business "partners". For example by using it you're sharing the complete history of everyone using your site... kindof scary, particularly since their terms of service / privacy policy is somewhat vague as to what they can do with it. But hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't use it, just saying it's something that ought to be considered!!

TheWhack
    Quote Originally Posted by Billaboy
    Yeah it's free.... but by using it you let them know A WHOLE LOT of things that you wouldn't normally want to be sharing with other business "partners". For example by using it you're sharing the complete history of everyone using your site... kindof scary, particularly since their terms of service / privacy policy is somewhat vague as to what they can do with it. But hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't use it, just saying it's something that ought to be considered!!

Thanks for the heads up. :1ymca:

skot
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Yep I use it and it is very good, once you figure out all the goals and stuff. Extremely powerful but yeah its free, but by invite for the moment as they are out of space... or something like that. :coffee:
    Do you know how to generate "1 in x" stats?

skot
    Quote Originally Posted by Billaboy
    Good point...

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skot
    Do you know how to generate "1 in x" stats?
    Not very well, or at least I don't think so.. have to use the setting of goals and all that techie mumbo jumbo... haven't really gotten too far into it yet, but i'll let you know if i come up with anything that might help as i read more of it.. and test it out.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

skot
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Not very well, or at least I don't think so.. have to use the setting of goals and all that techie mumbo jumbo... haven't really gotten too far into it yet, but i'll let you know if i come up with anything that might help as i read more of it.. and test it out.
    Ok, cool. I can help you with the goals part if you want-- it's fairly straightforward and totally great once it's in place. You don't even have to alter your pages to add the goal stuff (unless you want exact $ amounts of sales etc)... you just go into Analytics and say "when a customer hits *this* page, it means they've bought a membership." Voila, that's a goal, and now you can say "of all traffic that came from X, how many met this goal?" That's how you know how much your organic search engine traffic is producing paid memberships... or PPC traffic... or links from other sites... etc.

Cheerful Agnostic
    It's also great for integrating with your adwords campaign.

I tried it on hotmovies, but too much traffic for it to handle.

I ended up purchasing clicktracks. So far it's been too much traffic for that as well, but we're still working on it.