So ok, I am a little proud of our tech achievements here, and I thought it may be cool to share some of the ideas and show everyone how we have made our website interactive between the boys in the house and the members. Here are some of the tech integrations we have designed and built overt the years.

You have to remember that each house has a home automation system so a computer con control all the lights, heat , air, music and tv system. Their is a ceiling speaker in every room that can be used to play music or for the house system to make voice announcements.

So that explained our first interactive tech is a members message system.
During reasonable house ( currently 8 am – 11 pm ) members can, from the collegeboyslive.com members main page type a message into a text box, then select a room and hit submit. That text message is sent to the home automation system where it is verbally read out of the ceiling speaker in that room. Of course the automation system lets the boy know it’s a member message first before plying it.

Next interactive tech is our shower alerts. Motion sensors in each shower report movement back to the home automation system which ten reports it back to the website and the chat program. The website then puts a small popup up letting members know in which shower activity has been detected . It also puts a 1 line text message into the chat room. This way members know they can catch someone in the shower.

Ok that’s the 1st installment, I don’t want to make this too long or bore anyone. If I see an interest I will post more.

zac