Thread: credit card donation help:

pony9a

credit card donation help:

Does anyone know of an alternative to paypal for accepting credit card donations to a "free" gay discussion forum?
    I have a gay discussion forum/BBoard that I run for free and I would like to accept donations from my members who want to help with the costs.
    I tried paypal but they do not allow any adult orientated content.
    Can anyone help with suggestions for a billing company that will do something similar?
    I would be grateful for any suggestions you professionals may be able to give to me.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here, I know I am not in the pro webmaster league, just the admin for a free forum but I figured that as pro's you guys would be the best people to ask.
    Thanks guys.

ccbill, epoch (paycom) and verotel are the standard adult processors, get in touch with them to see who will be able to help you.

cheers,
    Luke

pony9a
    :pie: Thankyou for the response, I will email them and see if they can help in any way.
    I have searched and searched many of the billing companies and none of them appear to run a donation payment system at all.
    Maybe it does'nt pay them enough to do it. just a little frustrating at the moment trying to find a way around this.
    Thanks again, I will let you know how I get on in case anyone else wants to follow a similar route. :pie:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    MyVirtualCard.com does adult, and if Stormpay is still around, they are a Paypal-like business that is OK with adult. I think Moneybookers.com also has a similar program and is adult-friendly.

Depending on what you're doing, Epoch and CCBill will work, but their model is much more set up for recurring membership-based payments. I'm not sure they'll allow a "donation-based" setup like you're speaking of.

rick
    Both StormPay and MoneyBookers changed terms and do not allow adult transactions. StormPay did this a few years ago, MoneyBookers about 6 months ago.

Lone_Unicorn
    I use MyVirtualCard - they work well and I have never had a problem with dealing with them.