Thread: Help: Search Engine: Forwarding:Masking:

curiousbunny

Help: Search Engine: Forwarding:Masking:

I submitted a domain to yahoo search and it did pick it up but the results show no TITLE or Description, can anyone help !! ?
    I did put the keywords and title and description on godaddy when I selected forwarding any ideas?

Xstr8guy
    Is there a title and description on the original page?

maxpower
    Ya you have to have text on the site as well as tags in the html, also it takes the while to get their site updated, so ya might just have to wait a few weeks. :kitten:

curiousbunny
    yes there is

maxpower
    And how long have they been on the site?

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousbunny
    I submitted a domain to yahoo search and it did pick it up but the results show no TITLE or Description, can anyone help !! ?
    I did put the keywords and title and description on godaddy when I selected forwarding any ideas?
    I've seen people using this type of thing and the answer has always been that there wasn't any title or description on the page that the domain was being forwarded to. It didn't matter that they had entered a title and description in the forwarding/masking service.

curiousbunny
    yea i think it probably crawled it b4 i had entered that info
    ill hav to wait til it crawls it again proly weeks!

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    It's never going to show up. Sites like Yahoo and Google do not like forwarded domains. Take one of my sites as a example. http://www.netfreetv.com

I have this domain forwarded with godaddy. It's been like this for over a year. If you search any directory for netfreetv you will get a title with no discription. The only way around this is to create a one page website at that domain with random information about the site. And then a link to your target site. Commenly reffered to as a entry page. Then the search engines will list them with a discription. Maybe there is another trick that I don't know about, but as far as I know, entry pages is the only way to go.

curiousbunny
    as they mentioned b4 above did you have a title on the actual page? and description b4 it was submitted?

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar
    Yes I have the discription on both the real page and the godaddy forward.

Again, maybe there is a way to do it that I am unaware of. But as far as I know, it can't be done.