Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Was The Last Time You Took Time Away..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

When Was The Last Time You Took Time Away..

From work?

The last few days ive tried keeping away from the computer as much as possible and i have to say, coming in to the office and turning them on this morning acually felt kind of good, ive got all sorts of stuff im going to be doing the next week or two and im actually looking forward to working on it :eek:

I really do think im going to take weekends away from the office in future as its really refreshing.

So, when was the last time you took a few days off from working and, did you notice that you felt 'ready' for work when you got back?

Regards,

Lee

On weekends, I try to just login and check email in the morning then walk away from the computer for the day....it doesn't always work out that way but I really do try!!!

Paco
    Life, and living it, is very important to me:
    I do not work weekends!
    I am always taking extended weekends off.
    I go on holidays quite often (more than once a year).

I am not the type that "likes going to work" or working and I strongly believe life would be pointless if I was merely working all the time - I see no reason for that.

THAT is exactly why I am in this industry (it's not the money).

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    What is the time away you speak of? I work every single day including weekends and holidays. I think I am just a workaholic . I did take some time off and went to Maui for 11 days in March, that was very nice.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have weekends off from here so I make it a point to do other things. I try to moderate everything I do so that I don't burn myself out. I didn't do that with my involvement in my leather clubs and suffered severe burnout and had to step away for a bit. I don't want anything like that to happen with my career, so I'm really good at moderating myself. I'm going to Vegas at the end of this month to celebrate my birthday with friends. Woo hoo!!!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I just came back from a month off. I usually do that about every 3 months or so.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    What is the time away you speak of? I work every single day including weekends and holidays. I think I am just a workaholic . I did take some time off and went to Maui for 11 days in March, that was very nice.

Mark

I am with you man, I work everyday, in fact I work 1-3 hours more every day so my schedule constantly changes. I plan to keep working like this until I have all 5 of my members site up and going, as well as the affiliate program that goes with that. That is the difference between working for someone else and your self :nerd:

Top Cat
    I took my boyfriend and our dog to Palm Springs for a long weekend in February as a birthday gift to him. Part of the gift was not talking about work duing the trip...turned out to be a nice gift for me too!

Of course we did talk about his coin collecting, or as I call it, "coinography."

i took two partial days off this weekend - did some writing, support, emails, a little negotiating but only worked 5 hours each day. that's as close as i've gotten to a day off in 10 years :-/

oceania
    decided after the divorce and surgery
    that i needed to start taking time off
    yes financially i am back to not making ends meet
    but that will change
    hey getting rid of the bad karma and filling it with postive energy
    only good has to come of it

manfesting destiny one day at a time

I have never taken any real time off in the last 6 years.

In November last year I went on a SouthEast Asia tour and am just now getting back to work. From now on I'm taking regular time off, at least every weekend, or one day a week bare minimum.

We just got back from 2+ weeks being away. I checked in a few times while away just to make sure everything was up and running. Actually had to reboot a server remotely for the first time in over a year. Couldn't bring myself to do any real work though. Now that we're back, I'm doing some work but have been a bit distracted getting ready to move.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=17015

Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    We just got back from 2+ weeks being away. I checked in a few times while away just to make sure everything was up and running. Actually had to reboot a server remotely for the first time in over a year. Couldn't bring myself to do any real work though. Now that we're back, I'm doing some work but have been a bit distracted getting ready to move.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=17015

I read that thread. I grew up in Vancouver, right across the bridge from Portland. Nice to see that area still has it's beauty and appeal. I hope you enjoy it there. :groovy:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I read that thread. I grew up in Vancouver, right across the bridge from Portland. Nice to see that area still has it's beauty and appeal. I hope you enjoy it there. :groovy:

Indeed it does have appeal. Of course I understand growing up in a place is very different from moving there as an adult. I grew up in Denver which is a great city but my perspective is different from friends I have there that came from other places. Sometimes it's fun getting lost and discovering new places. Sometimes hard to do where you grew up...

BentGirl
    Time off, whats that?

I finish up in the office here, run home to my other buisness until about 8pm. Go home and sleep.

I do usually have 1 day on the weekend off though. The other is usually spent competing horses.

No wonder I'm such a tired, cranky bitch at the moment.