Thread: Gay and Lesbian music on AOL?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Gay and Lesbian music on AOL?

Wow, I was really amazed to see this.

http://music.aol.com/feature/gay_music
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

SweetNSassy
    OMBuddah, Wow...I guess I just always thought that "gay music" and regular music were the same thing...hmmm...must be loosing my bi-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetNSassy
    OMBuddah, Wow...I guess I just always thought that "gay music" and regular music were the same thing...hmmm...must be loosing my bi-ness.
    Well, there are two schools of thought on this. There is music that has been embraced by the gay community, such as Madonna, Bette Midler, a lot of disco. And then there is music by gay and lesbian artist, which is what I think this page is all about. I listen to all kinds of music, but I like to support gay and lesbian artists when I can because they are often ignored by the labels and media. Plus, growing up with guys singing love songs about women, or videos where the male singer has the sexy backup dancers all over them, it's really nice to hear an guy singing love songs about another guy. Or the recent song by Amy Ray (of the Indigo Girls) called "Rural Faggot" that was about her watching the young guys in her small country town coming to terms with their homosexuality. That song brought me to tears the first time I heard it and still gives me goosebumps. People like music that speaks to them and except for a few Village People songs or the various covers of "I Am What I Am", gays and lesbians didn't really have too much to listen to unless it was double entendres or reading between the lines. I mean, is it really fair that we had to listen to "I Want Your Sex" and watch George Michael pawing that woman when we all knew he was singing about a man? So, I think it's about time we can have a genre of music that speaks to us directly.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

SweetNSassy
    Ya know, I guess I didn't look at it that way. You're totally right! Thanks. :cheese:

Heh heh, sorry for the rant. Music is my biggest passion and when get started talking about it I'll just go on and on. Don't even ask me about Stevie Nicks because I'll give you the "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Stevie Nicks But Knew Better Than To Ask" rant. LOL!!!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

SweetNSassy
    Hehe, you're funny. That's not a prob at all. I love to read rants...gives me something to do. Plus, I really love hearing peoples thoughts and ideas. Ya know, see what makes em tick. Hehe.
    I don't know anything about Stevie Nicks, but one time somebody said that I looked like her. I don't think so. Hehe. :extat:

Quote Originally Posted by SweetNSassy
    Hehe, you're funny. That's not a prob at all. I love to read rants...gives me something to do. Plus, I really love hearing peoples thoughts and ideas. Ya know, see what makes em tick. Hehe.
    I don't know anything about Stevie Nicks, but one time somebody said that I looked like her. I don't think so. Hehe. :extat:

Right on! I'm a fanatic and I'll admit it. Not the scary digging through someone's garbage fanatic but I've got hundreds of live and rare recordings by her. I just adore her.

Someone gave me a pair of her shoes once. I have no idea how or why this person had them, and sure it could be a lie, but she's only a friend of a friend and she had nothing to gain by lying about it, so I really think they may actually be hers. I keep them in my bedroom, and no, I've never licked them. LOL!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

SweetNSassy
    That's seriously awesome! It's otay to be a fanatic as long as few people get hurt. Lol

prairiegrrl
    Stevie Nicks rocks!!!!! :thumbsup: