Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Program Sales Person

Richard

Affiliate Program Sales Person

We are looking for a good seasoned sales person to promote our sites and bring in traffic and sales. Any ideas where we would go about finding such a person?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

maxpower
    I promote others programs from time to time, but like to promote twink sites, they need to provide fresh twink content for me to create the sites “needs to be fresh content so the sites will be listed” they must allow me to place my members site as the sole secondary sponsor at the bottom of the pages, and of course the main sponsor “that would be you” has to have some kind of affiliate program.

I know this sounds like allot, but I will get your sites about every possible place, if you site converts well with free/avs/search engine traffic/TGP “basically all traffic” you will make sales. Its kinda up to your program to convert after I send the traffic to you, is kinda what I am saying. But I do not just provide or specialize in the poor forums of traffic like TGP’s

You can PM me if ya still want to talk about it, BTW I have been doing this for a living for over 5 years

are you looking for someone to get affiliates and work with them? or are you looking for someone to set you up some search engine hubs, get some feeder sites listed, find places to advertise, etc?

Richard
    I am looking for someone that will "sell" meaning get webmasters to signup to our affiliate program so that our sites will generate sales. Anyone can sign up to our program of course. But what I would really like is a dedicated sales person to promote our program full time. Hey Max....lets hook up on ICQ.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I am looking for someone that will "sell" meaning get webmasters to signup to our affiliate program so that our sites will generate sales. Anyone can sign up to our program of course. But what I would really like is a dedicated sales person to promote our program full time. Hey Max....lets hook up on ICQ.

Hey man, I am on the way out the door to get some food, you can PM me the info, or I will be back in a few and we can talk on AIM or something :develish:

maxpower
    My AIM is nomad0023 if you have that, or if you have yahoo IM I have that too

desslock
    I have a general question on this - what is a typical compensation for someone who is an affiliate program manager?

Steve

Richard
    Hey Max.....I added you to ICQ (aol/icq work together). Let me know when you are around. Anyone with any other business questions please email or ICQ me. :toff:

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    I have a general question on this - what is a typical compensation for someone who is an affiliate program manager?

Steve
    It depends on a lot of things.

1. experience
    2. contacts that person is bringing to the table
    3. duties, is the job just a sales rep or is it an executive level position
    4. is it a salary position or commission alone or salary+commission

usually very little, which is why we generally see the quality of affiliate reps we do.

the most i was ever offered to rep was $3500 a month plus paid for cell phone and a couple other things like that. most of the time when people offered me (or others) a rep job, they offer $2000 or less a month. i know a woman who has worked as a rep for years in our industry who was paid around $3400 at each of her 2 last jobs, one for a largish company and one for a smaller company.

Quote Originally Posted by desslock

Steve

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    usually very little, which is why we generally see the quality of affiliate reps we do.

the most i was ever offered to rep was $3500 a month plus paid for cell phone and a couple other things like that. most of the time when people offered me (or others) a rep job, they offer $2000 or less a month. i know a woman who has worked as a rep for years in our industry who was paid around $3400 at each of her 2 last jobs, one for a largish company and one for a smaller company.
    Yeah thats about right for a sales rep/manager position. 35-40k no commission. the $2000 isn't bad if it includes commission too otherwise its laughable.

For a Director of sales/marketing or an executive position... much much more.

Richard
    Well......since figures are now being bantied about....

I certainly don't disagree that a person should be paid for the quality of work they are doing. The key phrase is....."quality of work". I will completely admit that we have never hired a sales person for this type of thing before because this is our first go around at this type of position which is why I need some help from you fine folks :teach:

That being said.....my webmaster/admin/programer......he makes GOOD money. Why? Cuz his job is vast, complicated and demanding.

I am certainly willing to pay an individual between 2500 to 3500 a month no problem. However.....how does one measure performance? Bottom line is....we need sales. No sales means a company eventually goes out of business. That just makes sense right? Well.....if someone can convince me to hire them......because they can make sales.......I will certainly compensate them with a compeditive salary/commission package.

Everyones thoughts (and resume's) please? :kiss:

maxpower
    Well man, that will be a bit of a problem I would think, in that most people that could make the sales you need, could make more on thier own or want more money. :wtf: Well I guess it could depend on what you want them to do? How many hours ECT?

if you need an affiliate rep, which it sounds like you might be talking about, you need someone who is either knowledgeable and friendly, not a spammer or pushy, and an existing reputation in the business really helps. you will have to pay to send them to all the conventions, pay for their business phone and the rest. if you don't send them to the conventions, soon they'll be less well known and of less value to you.

but no matter how good your affiliate rep is or the person who is coordinating your other sales, your tour and join page are a big part of the picture. the best rep in the world isn't going to do great unless you have a tour that sells.

and of course the best-known people in the biz - especially the ones who have spent 5 or 10 years getting known in the industry - have a value of more than $3500 a month. so you will need to really weigh your options.

have you considered a part time rep to get started? that way you can afford a better person and they can continue to make their own money to supplement what you offer - as long as what they are doing isn't a conflict of interest.

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick

have you considered a part time rep to get started? that way you can afford a better person and they can continue to make their own money to supplement what you offer - as long as what they are doing isn't a conflict of interest.
    I am looking for whatever is reasonable and acceptable by both parties which will make the company money and keep the rep happy.