Thread: Advertising In Publications?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Advertising In Publications?

Which publications have you advertised in and how did they do? I have actually have never advertised in any publication but I'm looking into it.

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

we mostly advertised str8 and mixed in mags, and gay and ts in adult papers. what i liked about the papers is you didn't have to wait months and months for them to come out, but the magazines had color and people seemed to keep them a lot longer.

i don't remember where all we advertised but i know the cheapest was asian beauty, and there was leg show and another leg magazine, velvet and some more. going through brokers was usually cheaper than going direct to the publication and they all required a copy of the i.d. for every photo.

desslock
    I advertise FriskyFans in Cybersocket, Unzipped and JustUsBoys magazine.
    And I do see results. Just don't overspend.

You don't need to drop a small fortune just to be seen.

I have had friends around the country spontaneously instant message me that they saw my ad in Cybersocket, glad your site's going great, etc. They also offer an inexpensive text ad you can buy in their classifieds, which I also purchase for smaller projects.

Unzipped has been the oddest group. They always run the ad, so I can't complain, but I'm always talking to different people every few months, they "lose" my billing information, etc. But hey, what's a workplace if there's not a little chaos?

Steve

GAYVNJeff
    If you are looking to advertise in print let me know, we've been continuing to expand our circulation of GAYVN magazine and AVN Online has a major issue coming up in August with an extra distribution at Internext....let me know and I can work something out for you.

JR

desslock
    Well speaking of advertising, today I received the latest issue of JustUsBoys Spring 2006 edition. Looking through it, I realize why I choose to advertise in their magazine. It is a nifty pocketbook size, colorful, sharply laid out. This issue contains two interesting interviews with Michael Lucas and Hot Desert Knights. They are not canned generic interviews either, but interesting, relevant questions, with complete answers.

I've just started adding interviews to FriskyFans, and this is the same style I was looking for.... I'm really down on "canned, obviously non interactive emailed interviews"

Even better, I asked JustUsBoys to add some Austin and San Antonio locations to their distribution, and sure enough I received intelligence reports yesterday that they arrived. I like the distribution channel of JustUsBoys - I think that it takes our advertising messages to our target market effectively. Perhaps more effectively then with pay magazines like Freshmen/Unzipped/Inches etc. :juggle:

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Great input thanks everyone. I will check all these out.

Mark

JustBryce

Big Grin

Steve, Thanks so much for the testamonial! Every issue we add more distribution points, print more copies, and head out to more events with the magazines in tow. For this latest issue you mentioned, we did a second print run (no extra charge for the advertisers) because we are doing so many events and prides that we wanted to make sure that the magazines were out there. We'll keep that distribution for the next issue as we have the gay erotic expos in LA and NYC coming up during the distribution time for the next issue.

In regards to your question, Mark... If you look at the pdf's of our magazine online, you'll notice that the advertisers that come on board, stick around. We keep hearing that the advertising is working for them and that it's solidifying their brand. We already knew that though because that is the whole reason we created a magazine in the first place. We place all kind of print ads every month. Everything from Badpuppy, All Boy, Metro, Next, gaywebmonkey, cybersocket... we still advertise all over the place because print advertising works and turns your web site into a brand that transcends search engines, tgps, freeloaders, and even affilaites. There is no question of the power of the brand!

So Mark my advice would be to advertising a site like BrokeStraightboys.com, which must be a cashcow for you. It is a logical progression. It has all the makings of a standalone brand. Great domain, captivating content, and a solid concept. If you take a look at Randy Blue and Corbin Fisher which are household names in the gay community... take a look at how they advertise. You will see them doing print big time. It's a solid way to grow your business, and as I said, it works based on our own experience. We believed in it so much based on our own print advertising experience that we created our own magazine. It is such a powerful medium. When we created our magazine though, we didn't cut back our advertising budget with others, we actually do more print advertising each quarter.

The Justusboys.com Magazine breaks even every month, its not a profit center for us which is another reason our advertisers are happy. If we have extra money, which so far we have been blessed with, we take that money and put it right back in to more distribution, more events, and more printed copies. Getting our name and the name of our advertisers out there is our one and only mission for the magazine. So, that is why you will see glowing reviews like the one above from Steve. I'm sure that Brian, Jasun, Don Mike, Joe, Bill from HDK, the guys from Mancheck, etc. would give similar reviews as they keep coming back issue after issue. These are smart companies that don't just throw money around for the sake of it. They know that its a worthwhile investment in their businesses.

Do I think adult businesses should use print advertising? Absolutely. Do I think they should advertise in the Justusboys.com Magazine? Definitly. Do I think they should advertise in other magazines? Without a doubt.

Take a percentage of your marketing and promotions budget and set it aside for print. It will be one of the best decisions for the long term growth and sustainability of your business that you could ever make. If you don't advertise with Just Us Boys, that is fine. But advertise somewhere that you know gets their publication into the hands and onto the coffee tables of your perspective customers. You won't look back and you might even get addicted to print like we have.

If you think the Justusboys.com Magazine will be a good fit for you, then contact advertising @ justusboys.com or call Shannon at (323)-230-9454. The next magazine wa sold out before the previous issue even closed, so we are adding pages to our next issue and will make sure to find you a good place inside! Grow with us or grow with someone else... but be sure you take advantage of print and you will grow.

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce
    We keep hearing that the advertising is working for them and that it's solidifying their brand. There is no question of the power of the brand!
    Absolutely! Branding is vital if you want to build something with some legacy.

(this is why I'm always skeptical of websites whose names are long-strings-of-descriptive-compound-nouns.com)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce
    Steve, Thanks so much for the testamonial! Every issue we add more distribution points, print more copies, and head out to more events with the magazines in tow. For this latest issue you mentioned, we did a second print run (no extra charge for the advertisers) because we are doing so many events and prides that we wanted to make sure that the magazines were out there. We'll keep that distribution for the next issue as we have the gay erotic expos in LA and NYC coming up during the distribution time for the next issue.

In regards to your question, Mark... If you look at the pdf's of our magazine online, you'll notice that the advertisers that come on board, stick around. We keep hearing that the advertising is working for them and that it's solidifying their brand. We already knew that though because that is the whole reason we created a magazine in the first place. We place all kind of print ads every month. Everything from Badpuppy, All Boy, Metro, Next, gaywebmonkey, cybersocket... we still advertise all over the place because print advertising works and turns your web site into a brand that transcends search engines, tgps, freeloaders, and even affilaites. There is no question of the power of the brand!

So Mark my advice would be to advertising a site like BrokeStraightboys.com, which must be a cashcow for you. It is a logical progression. It has all the makings of a standalone brand. Great domain, captivating content, and a solid concept. If you take a look at Randy Blue and Corbin Fisher which are household names in the gay community... take a look at how they advertise. You will see them doing print big time. It's a solid way to grow your business, and as I said, it works based on our own experience. We believed in it so much based on our own print advertising experience that we created our own magazine. It is such a powerful medium. When we created our magazine though, we didn't cut back our advertising budget with others, we actually do more print advertising each quarter.

The Justusboys.com Magazine breaks even every month, its not a profit center for us which is another reason our advertisers are happy. If we have extra money, which so far we have been blessed with, we take that money and put it right back in to more distribution, more events, and more printed copies. Getting our name and the name of our advertisers out there is our one and only mission for the magazine. So, that is why you will see glowing reviews like the one above from Steve. I'm sure that Brian, Jasun, Don Mike, Joe, Bill from HDK, the guys from Mancheck, etc. would give similar reviews as they keep coming back issue after issue. These are smart companies that don't just throw money around for the sake of it. They know that its a worthwhile investment in their businesses.

Do I think adult businesses should use print advertising? Absolutely. Do I think they should advertise in the Justusboys.com Magazine? Definitly. Do I think they should advertise in other magazines? Without a doubt.

Take a percentage of your marketing and promotions budget and set it aside for print. It will be one of the best decisions for the long term growth and sustainability of your business that you could ever make. If you don't advertise with Just Us Boys, that is fine. But advertise somewhere that you know gets their publication into the hands and onto the coffee tables of your perspective customers. You won't look back and you might even get addicted to print like we have.

If you think the Justusboys.com Magazine will be a good fit for you, then contact advertising @ justusboys.com or call Shannon at (323)-230-9454. The next magazine wa sold out before the previous issue even closed, so we are adding pages to our next issue and will make sure to find you a good place inside! Grow with us or grow with someone else... but be sure you take advantage of print and you will grow.
    Wow great post and info thanks

Mark

allboysvideo
    If your going to advertise...Just Us Boys is a great place to start...they are a great company to work with...a great group of guys and very good to deal with.

The JUB team is very agreesive with there branding and if you advertise with them and become part of there JUB network...your traffic, your sales and your branding will do very well!!!!

-David
    D&E Productions & Videos
    www.allboysvideo.com

JustBryce
    Quote Originally Posted by allboysvideo
    If your going to advertise...Just Us Boys is a great place to start...they are a great company to work with...a great group of guys and very good to deal with.

The JUB team is very agreesive with there branding and if you advertise with them and become part of there JUB network...your traffic, your sales and your branding will do very well!!!!

-David
    D&E Productions & Videos
    www.allboysvideo.com
    David, you made me blush! Thanks for the vote of confidence it means a lot!

dwaynered
    Print advertising has long term effects especially in magazines that have a shelf life (i.e. ones that have gorgeous naked men in them).

I agree 100% that Just Us Boys is one the best places to throw some of your marketing money. They know how to create and sustain relationships. That's a rare trait in the adult industry.

Damn I think Just Us Boys gets some kudos. Definitely where I will start, thanks everyone.

Mark

JustBryce

Big Grin

Thanks for coming on to advertise with us Mark. I'm sure you won't regret it!

I wanted to also let folks know that we have added 8 pages to our next issue of the Justusboys.com Magazine. We have a very limited number of spots available.

It’s almost too late to get into our Summer Issue, but the good news is that it isn’t. You can still get in if we hear from you this week.

Please contact advertising @ justusboys.com or call 323.230.9454 if you are interested in expanding your advertising via print.