Thread: LOLOL - You Have To Love The Republican Spin Machine..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

LOLOL - You Have To Love The Republican Spin Machine..

They are now saying that losing the next election is going to be good for the party in the long term.

Does anyone else think this is because they have finally realized they have little to no chance of winning this time around and that, even if they do lose, they will be able to claim that 'losing' was in their grand masterplan of world domination and has nothing to do with most educated and informed people in the US realizing that they have fucked the country up?

Regards,

Lee

SweetNSassy
    Haha, I think you hit it right on the nose my friend.

Patrick
    I think they'll fall back and blame the 'Homosexual Agenda' and the 'Liberal Media'. (I wonder if FOX news channel is part of the liberal media.) They'll say this is a wake up call and that all the good folks should fight back and come out in 2008 and get back to 'traditional' American values.....

desslock
    Actually the thing to watch in the November elections is the hispanic vote. I believe that the hispanics were the real deciding factor with Bush winning in 2000 and 2004. (Bush's hispanic vote increased in 2004 over 2000)

Karl Rove always said that winning elections is all about the mathematics of addition, and this is why he and Bush have been very aggressive with courting hispanics.

I think it's highly likely that the current vitriolic debates about immigration, building walls at any expense, etc. are going to be potentially damaging to Republicans.

Gov. Pete Wilson led California's Proposition 187 in 1994, and consequently Republicans have pretty much lost all their state wide elections in that state. This could easily domino to Florida, Texas and Arizona with today's immigration debate.

The Religious Right always likes to overplay their actual numbers and influence in elections. When it comes down to numbers, there just are not enough of them to make 50% +1. This November, and Especially in 2008, it is all going to be about the hispanics and how they vote.

Steve