Thread: Licensing images from known sites?

Toni_Enzo

Licensing images from known sites?

Just wondering if any of the big sites would licence their images? I had in mind Corbin Fisher, Sean Cody and Lucas Entertainment.... they are all more of a movie sites, so pics are not something their members are keen on ....

I know SeanCody had some sort of licence with Chaosmen.... but getting contact to any of these is nearly impossible unless you're big company i guess...

For instance there are sites that have absolutely gorgeous pix, like HotHouse, Falcon, but their members can only get low-medium resolution with huuuuuuge watermark on it...

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    SeanCody and Chaos men I think share the guys and the photographer but not the photos themselves. I have not seen photos/videos from Sean at Chaos men and vice versa.

I doubt anyone would let you have their images and videos for a license. If they do they wouln't be exclusive anymore.

Now some samples for promotional purposes, that's different, we use them on Just Us Boys for the eye candy

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, part of my long term business plan with Condom Cash is to start producing exclusive content and, after several months of the content being used on the sites, to start licensing those sets over at Rainbow Content for other webmasters to purchase.

I really dont understand why more owners of exclusive content dont do this, i understand the 'exclusivity' thing but, if a set has been in a members area for over 12 months, there really isnt any reason not to license it to other webmasters via a broker or, your own store especially if you are shooting new content on a regular basis.

Rather than spending $500+ for a single shoot to use inside your own members area until the next updates shoot happens, by not licensing the content you are actually losing additional revenues likewise, if you are shooting movie content, there is no reason why you shouldnt be putting out your own line of DVD titles or, VOD site either after a while.

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Lee,

First of all my Roommate was a model for Seancody.com. If you think it costs them just $500 for a shoot. You are way off. WAY OFF!

There is a BIG difference between a model shoot and what sceancody and corbin are doing. And to be honest with their membership base and retention and the money they are making, they have a very successful business model.

Why mess with something if it ain't broken?

These guys (especially Sean Cody) spend BIG bucks branding their sites/models. Selling the content after its run defeats the branding idea entirely.

To me Sean Cody and Corbin Fisher just wouldn't be the same id I saw there models on other sites.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Lee said 500+ (note the +).

Sean Cody and Corbin Fisher definitely can and do pay on the upper end, but not all models get the kinds of numbers you hear bandied about.

However, I think there are many different revenue models that can work, depending on the kind of site you're doing. I can definitely see Lee's viewpoint, thought I prefer to believe that keeping exclusive content lends additional value to a website that is lost if that content is licensed to other sites.

At the same time, if there is a constant flow of new, high quality content, you might well find that retention doesn't suffer if some of the content is licensed to other sites.

Corbin Fisher and Sean Cody have a model that works for them, but it's by no means the only model that works.

abostonboy
    Actually my roommate was on the low end. He got 500-800 a video. And he was the top with a str8 guy. Plus they flew him down paid for hotel and there were like 3 guys filming the whole thing. I can imagine a shoot costing $2000+ easily.

Another thing to take into account is the model release. it MAY be possible that he has said he will not sell to other websites in order to get the str8 boys. OR if the release allows that, he may not want to in fear they will not come back for another shoot when they find their pics all over the net.