Thread: recommendations for a paid blog host

rhys

recommendations for a paid blog host

looking for recommendations for a paid host with wordpress etc.

for a general rant type blog... not adult

essentially for screaming to myself in cyberspace.:goof:

abostonboy
    Do you want just a blog?

Wordpress.com is free. I really like typepad. IF wordpress is still via invitation I can send you an invitation.

If you are looking for a web host where you can do more than just blog, MOST webhosts will install it for you. And for non adult the hosting is dirt cheap.

I think typepad is $15 a month, but you can create a very good blog with a lot of features and its real easy.

Wordpress.com is hosted on their servers and is free. But I havenmt looked into the site that much to see how far you can customize tehh thing on their servers.

LMK if I can help.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You can use pretty much any host for a general blog, you might even want to go with Yahoo or GoDaddy for hosting and domains

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    IF you are looking for a paid host. I found a full page ad offering a year of hosting for $10 at Netfirms.com They can even make Worpress your default. Enter code max.

abostonboy
    Actually the url is http://www.netfirms.com/max

Sorry

rhys, your dedicated server should be able to handle adding in a new non-adult domain for a blog. Ask your host, get them to add an extra IP to your server so its separate from your adult domains and get them to install wordpress for you.

cheers,
    Luke