Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Coffin

Looking for a Coffin

Hey guys I'm based in LA and looking for an old (or new) coffin. I know its a really weird thing to ask for but if you are a studio or have one in your garage (ok kinda scared of you if you do but hey..) Please get in touch.

I only need it for three days, I will pick it up and return it in same condition.

thanks as always

Dave
    xcx
    Domain inventory sale.

robin
    Ask Don. I know he was a mummy once.

Dzinerbear
    Have you tried Craigslist.com?

Michael

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    would you like the body still in it or should I remove that first ?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Paco
    old or new? Do they sell them used?

I recommend you first try eBay - I did a quick check ... they have - and if there is nothing for yah there, contact a casket manufacturer and see if they offer factory seconds or blemishes.

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover
    Hey guys I'm based in LA and looking for an old (or new) coffin. I know its a really weird thing to ask for but if you are a studio or have one in your garage (ok kinda scared of you if you do but hey..) Please get in touch.

I only need it for three days, I will pick it up and return it in same condition.

thanks as always

Dave
    xcx
    Why don't you check out companies that rent stage props? In college I was the Prop Mistress for the show, Pippin' that required a coffin. It was a hard find and cost prohibited - since health laws prohibit the reuse of coffins unless the interior is stripped and re-fitted.

So we built one. A simple box was made and addition matching panels cut for the interior sides. Some foam rubber, cheap valour yard goods, a little botton sewing (pre glue guns) & Wa La - almost nice enough to put ole Aunt Edythe in.

Cool - Thanks guys.

Ebay - had already looked there is a guy who does 'em for $450 plus $150 DHL
    Craiglist - checking today
    Used or new - Oh DEFINATELY NEW, maybe old, but NOT USED LOL eeeww!
    Collegeboy......................:whip:
    "rent stage props" Looking into that today too

Thanks guys

D
    Domain inventory sale.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    since health laws prohibit the reuse of coffins unless the interior is stripped and re-fitted.
    why? are they afraid the dead may catch something?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive
    why? are they afraid the dead may catch something?
    I would think it is to protect the morticians, and the next Family at a wake. When I arranged my Mother's funeral and cremation, I opted for that service. She'd have been Proud to know her burial cloths cost WAY more than the casket rental and that we sent her off in style. :angel:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Ask Don. I know he was a mummy once.
    Hahahahaha!!! I knew a guy back in Pittsburgh who had built a full sized coffin with a flat surface (you know, the old Dracula kind) and used it as a coffee table. Then he decided to throw his own funeral so he could enjoy it while he was still living. So we show up and there he is laying in it. All I could say was "Well, were are we supposed to put our drinks now?". LOL!

The invitation said that he was cleaning his chainsaw when it went off, so on his front porch he had a chalk outline of the body with half on one side of the porch and the other half on the steps. It was really funny.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike
    Hahahahaha!!! I knew a guy back in Pittsburgh who had built a full sized coffin with a flat surface (you know, the old Dracula kind) and used it as a coffee table. Then he decided to throw his own funeral so he could enjoy it while he was still living. So we show up and there he is laying in it. All I could say was "Well, were are we supposed to put our drinks now?". LOL!

The invitation said that he was cleaning his chainsaw when it went off, so on his front porch he had a chalk outline of the body with half on one side of the porch and the other half on the steps. It was really funny.
    LOL! I luv your stories Don, they're hilarious!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    LOL! I luv your stories Don, they're hilarious!
    Heh heh, thanks Robin. I had a friend in college who was a drug addict from Philly. He'd had a really messed up life but had the most amazing stories. I was just in awe of him (in a sort of William S. Burroughs sort of way) and wished I could be a storyteller like him. I don't know if that caused me, subconsiously, to be open to incredible things or it was just in my nature. Or maybe it was just because I grew up in a small town where nothing ever happened. But I'm drawn to bizzare characters and situations, which makes LA the perfect place for me.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Madame0120
    If Roy goes first ...

http://www.motorcyclefunerals.com/

I used to sleep in a coffin back in the 90s.

It was comfy.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

rhys
    there'a a fantastic coffin industry in ghana....

they'll make any kind of coffin u want....

like airplanes, whales ... what u want is what u get!

ghana coffins