Thread: Best Trade shows.......

KevS

I Wonder? Best Trade shows.......

What do you guys reckon are the best trade shows to attend and why. I'd be interested to know why you chose certain shows - entertainment, business, old friends, parties........... all the above!!!

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    I have only been to a few so far. Vegas internext in 2005 and 2006 and San Diego cybernext 2005. Completely different shows. I prefer cybernext as its much smaller, with less distractions. Much easier to meet people and get some biz. done. I hear Phoenix and summer internext in Fl. are "the best" from many poeple though.

Hope this helps. --Chubbs

Madame0120
    Starting in Sept our show scheldule looks like this:

Sept YP Mexico
    Jan Vegas Internext
    Mar Phoenix Forum
    June Cybernext San Diego

I'd like to add the July show in Fla and the Oct Phoenix Forum, if the marketing budget holds out.

If I didn't like Vegas so much, I'd drop the Jan show .. it was poorly presented, and the only thing I enjoyed was the Top Bucks V Bar. However, like every event we attend, good business was done, but I don't care for being stuck in the back 40 - that took a jungle guide to find.:wacko:

The 2 shows that will always be on our travles is YP Mexico- I'd NEVER miss the chance to hang on the beach with Y-Not Bob and The Phoenix Forum .. CC Bill sure know how to do it will class.

:sun:

Dzinerbear
    Hands down, the best show for me is March's Phoenix Forum. It's relaxed and so much easier to get work done. The hotel they choose has a central courtyard that everyone naturally congregate in for socializing. I can get more business done at this show than three others combined.

January's Vegas show is iffy. Everyone seems to go, but the show itself is generally abyssmal. So, you go because everyone's going and you can meet up with them. But the trade show is generally poorly organized and not very informative.

The Florida show wasn't very good for me. There's a significantly smaller gay turn-out, so in my mind, it just wasn't worth attending again.

I'm looking forward to the Phoenix Gay Forum in October, that should be well attended.

I just attended Webmaster Access East for the first time. And I have to say, it wasn't a great show. The seminars were very poorly organized. Seems like the show-runners just grabbed four of their friends and threw them on a panel. They only had value if you were brand new. I played Bejeweled on my Palm through three seminars while keeping an open ear for anything I could learn, but bleah, it was the same stuff ... didn't have the heart to go to the fourth, and the State of Union seminar was suddenly cancelled.

Cheers
    Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    the State of Union seminar was suddenly cancelled.
    How ironic LOL

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Yes, exactly what I thought: "Gee, is it really that bad?"

Michael

KevS
    Yeh, I attended the Phoenix Forum which was a great show. It seemed that everybody who was anybody attended and loads of work got done. I've tried Internext in Florida and Las Vegas but was disappointed at the lack of organisation. What about the Webmaster Access shows, are they worth attending. How many gay webmasters go to them? Being based in the UK, Amsterdam would be a definite if there were enough gay webmasters attending.

Is there a lot of interest in the Gay Phoenix Forum? Getting to Phoenix from here is brutal (like 12 - 18 hours and several transfers), but I was thinking of heading up for the occasion.