Thread: Off-site Storage

Dzinerbear

Off-site Storage

Hi all,

You can never have enough back-ups right? I'm wondering if any of you use off-stie storage devices or services. Here's my thinking.

I have a good host with good back-up procedures.

I have hard copy back-ups of everything at home.

However, what is my house burned down and I lost everything at home, what isf the DVDs become damaged, what if my external hard drive crashes (again). All of that original content is gone. Yes, I have it all up on my site, but it'd be a pain to try and replace all of that stuff.

Does anyone store all their content somewhere off-site? It seems nuts to pay a full hosting price with another service just to store stuff when you're not actually going to use all of the other hosting options. What options exist for us given that we'll be storing adult content?

Thanks
    Michael

maxpower
    Well man, as long as you did upload the content too your host even if you lost everything it would be ok, all you would have to do is download the content from your host. To really lose it your house would have to burn down, and your host go off line in the same week Every time you upload anything its like a auto back-up.

What about investing in a small fireproof home safe - doing TWO backups weekly - one drive stays in that safe between backups. Maybe get into the habbit of doing a copy of software CD's etc and store them there as well.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    What about investing in a small fireproof home safe - doing TWO backups weekly - one drive stays in that safe between backups. Maybe get into the habbit of doing a copy of software CD's etc and store them there as well.
    :thumbsup:
    Two drives (mirrored/imaged) and fireproof storage is the way to go. However, if that does not suit your needs, I recommend you store your drives in a safety deposit box (@the bank) - they are very cheap and secure.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Michael i got around that thought by buying a second portable hd and i back it up twice but this new 2nd hd i only back up once every two weeks as i leave it at a friends house and bring it back once a month and back it up and then take it back again etc.

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

Dzinerbear
    That's not a bad idea, Peter.

Thanks
    Michael

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    a safe deposit box at a bank csots like $25 a quarter. well worth making a hard drive copy then sticking the hard drive in there.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    all excellent ideas... we have off site, local (in case of fire or theft) and out of state (in case of earth movement, tidal waves and ?) - cost is a relative term if one takes into consideration the "replacement cost"...