Thread: Cross Sales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Cross Sales?

I was just wondering about cross-sales, i see the option there in the CCBill Webadmin system but im wondering just how profitable they actually are?

I can see from a couple of examples that they arent pre-checked which i think is a good thing but, how many potential members actually select the cross-sale if it is offered in your experience?

Also, do you think the price point of the x-sell makes a difference in the amount of potential members that would select that as an added benefit of buying a membership?

Im thinking about adding them to the join pages on Condom Cash for 30 days to see how well they work for the programs overall profitability in addition to the extra revenues they would generate my affiliates if a surfer did select it as an option.

I havent really used x-sales before so any help and/or advice you folks could give would be greatly received

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Lee,

I will post to this thread but I would rather talk to you in private about it. There are many variables that affect it. I have done both to my own sites and to other sites. It's tricky. Did you check with CCbill and make sure you have the sales volume and chargeback/refund ratio they want? They were fussy about it a couple years back.

Just one potential bump I didnt like was how CCbill manages cancels. When the customer eneters the info, then ALL their membership pop up under that C/C. So lets say, they join boyforeskin and you crossell another site you have and they wanna cancel the other site u crosselled, its damn tempting to cancel both.

It worked in my case because I had an personal asian site with webcam and pics and I crossold an asian site with just videos. It was like an upgrade.

To be honest though, some of the big pay persignup programs make a lot of money on this.

i-Affiliate.com
    Whats a cross-sale?

a year ago epoch was much better for cross sales as they had a large number of pay per cross sale sponsors and ccbill only offered revshare at that time.

i found that the price on the cross sale made a very noticeable difference and so did the recurring price since it is so plainly stated.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by i-Affiliate.com
    Whats a cross-sale?
    ! ! ! Easy money (aka: gravy) ! ! !

In short: a sponsor or pay site operator sells other sites from their billing page.

From/on the billing page; an offer is presented to the new join/subscriber/member, for access to another site at a discounted rate.

The typical Cross-sale (aka: xsale) looks something like this:
    (the following is usually located at the bottom of the billing page)
    Special Offer to All New Members!!!
    Click here to signup for a 3 day trial Membership to WEB SITE - $1.00 Three Day Trial Membership for $1.00. After 3 days, Membership renews automatically at $39.73 every 1 month. Terms and Conditions

Click here to signup for a 5 day trial Membership to WEB SITE or 'C' - Five Day Trial Membership for $1.00. After 5 days, Membership renews automatically at $14.95 every 1 month. Terms and Conditions

Currently, the average payout per sign-up is $15. Some offer low payouts ($10) and some offer high ($20).

i-Affiliate.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    ! ! ! Easy money (aka: gravy) ! ! !

In short: a sponsor or pay site operator sells other sites from their billing page.

From/on the billing page; an offer is presented to the new join/subscriber/member, for access to another site at a discounted rate.

The typical Cross-sale (aka: xsale) looks something like this:
    (the following is usually located at the bottom of the billing page)
    Special Offer to All New Members!!!
    Click here to signup for a 3 day trial Membership to WEB SITE - $1.00 Three Day Trial Membership for $1.00. After 3 days, Membership renews automatically at $39.73 every 1 month. Terms and Conditions

Click here to signup for a 5 day trial Membership to WEB SITE or 'C' - Five Day Trial Membership for $1.00. After 5 days, Membership renews automatically at $14.95 every 1 month. Terms and Conditions

Currently, the average payout per sign-up is $15. Some offer low payouts ($10) and some offer high ($20).
    But isn't that sending your surfers to the competition ?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by i-Affiliate.com
    But isn't that sending your surfers to the competition ?
    Not if you send them to sites in your own affiliate program

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Lee,

The whole money making idea behind crossels is you don't want it to be with a site in your program. First off, the crossell has to be a trial. no one in their right mind is going to pay $30 for a website and then another $30 as a crossell.

So, if you offer a trial and make say 4.95 and then the customer goes and cancels the membership to either your site or the cross sold site all their active memberships come up and they can cancel BOTH! What have you gotten off the cross sell? $5! But, if you cross sold a persignup program outside yours and they cancel and you got $10-$20 per signup on the crosell (think Epoch) you dont give a rats ass if they cancel that site or not. You made your $10-$20.