Thread: .GAY Domain Extension?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

.GAY Domain Extension?

Just wondered will you be registering .gay domain names when they are approved?

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    I think it's a great idea... I want

headbangers.gay
    metalheads.gay
    heavymetal.gay
    hardrock.gay

and of course...

jasunis.gay

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    isnt .gay only accessible with special software?

Scorpio
    that sounds weird
    I heard the .xxx is coming soon

Aly_AVN
    This has become an interesting issue for brands, which of course there are more of (actually Branded sites) in the gay marketplace than the straight... which has focused more on churning out new sites every day, as opposed to branding a specific site, like BEDFELLOW.COM for example.

The issue is, none of us want our brands co-opted by someone else with any other extension. I assume my friend Karl will purchase Bedfellow.gay just because that wouldn't be a particularily big deal and would make sense... for a company like python it's a different story. We have around (and I'm slightly guessing here, but quite accurately I'm sure,) 600 or so active domains. I don't necessarily see the value in converting them all, but at the same time, it would really suck (to put it eloquently) to have any of our .com URLS ownwed by someone else under .xxx or .gay. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing actually. I imagine we will snatch up all the .xxx and then maybe just a select few (python.gay for example) in the .gay registry. It's all getting (as Alice said) 'curiouser and curiouser' ... It's certainly not getting any simpler, is it?! Oye Vey!
    :bandana: