View Poll Results: How many more affiliates would you get if you have Ccbill over verotel??

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.00%

2 20.00%
  • 10-20%

0 0%
  • 30-40%

0 0%
  • 50-60%

2 20.00%
  • 70-80%

2 20.00%
  • 90-100%

4 40.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to Have Ccbill?

abostonboy
    YOU WANT YOUR OWN MERCHANT ACCOUNT?

Are you crazy?

chip - let me try.

sean, there is nowhere to move TO if you're serious about making money. but if you have good sales, both ccbill and epoch charge a lower percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Was kinda a long post man LOL I think really reading all this is what happened to Bass’s eyes :borg:

I do think like you said I have to start with them if I want to build affiliates, but this would not be what I would call a final solution, its just yet another step. It is going to be hard to take the next step in processors, but personally I will be really happy when I can move on.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    YOU WANT YOUR OWN MERCHANT ACCOUNT?

Are you crazy?

Well yes I really do, I think in a was its a status thing, and would save me money. I know their are allot of problems with it, and that I will really have to research it. But it just seems a natural procreation that most site go though. Hell ask the guy from intensecash.com about it “I just use him cuzz he is around here.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    chip - let me try.

sean, there is nowhere to move TO if you're serious about making money. but if you have good sales, both ccbill and epoch charge a lower percentage.

I did not see, they had a reduced rate, I guess I should take another look, but I do see allot of sites that after a few years drop this CCbill stuff, they must be doing something right?

abostonboy
    Max,

Before you thing of a merchant account, take one step at a time.

Fisrtly try cascading billing, you really almost need a sytem like that in place with your merchant account. I mean you could go right with net billing, but NATS will give you an affiliate program that rocks as well as the ability to spread signups over multiple processors in case you mess up the merchant account.

Aslo, you really need to get some serious members in ther to 1. make it worth the deposit you will pay and show the bank you have a stable model. 2. be able to determine your chargebacks and refunds with the high scrubbing they do, You chargebacks will be higher based on how liberal you are with the scrubbing.

maxpower
    Ya sure you are right I was just taking way ahead, I am not going to run out tomorrow and try to get an merchant account. I will also be adding a independent stats program before I do that too, its just that I can not see myself 5 years from now still with Ccbill paying 15-12% of every transaction to them, and like 375$ a year. Also I believe things will be very different 5 years from now, I do not even know if Ccbill will be around then or worth playing with.

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Maxpower,

you are constantly asking stuff, bashing people and companies yet you expect a neverending flow of information, help and guidelining.

Everytime when someone (for whatever reason) helps you in some way you take his/her advice yet in the same moment you put it down as "not the final" step or something thelike.

You ask people for advice, you get it and still you are not able to understand and adapt the information you where given in easy to swallow chunks.

I would like to know when you are actually working on your sites - you say you have oh so much work to do but you actually post like 50% of the current posts. I go with Chip who said that people here work more in a week than you in a year.

I am also very amazed by the endurance of some people and that they still have the nerves helping you - that shows that they are genuinelly very helpful and that they must have dealt with other not so easy persons.

So - again - downgrading other very knowledgeable peoples experience by derogating their postings, their person or making even bad fun of other people is the utmost inappropreate way of saying "Thank you".

For my part you are finally the first and I bet only person who will be moved to my ignore list - not just for a week like I usually do but permanently.

This is because 99.999% of your postings are everything other than polite, helpful, appropriate.

I choose not to read any more postings of your derogative way of communicating with other human beings.

Regards

DEVELISH

maxpower
    Ya I will miss all your insightful feed back, do not know why you are even reading this thread

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH
    Maxpower,

you are constantly asking stuff, bashing people and companies yet you expect a neverending flow of information, help and guidelining.

Everytime when someone (for whatever reason) helps you in some way you take his/her advice yet in the same moment you put it down as "not the final" step or something thelike.

You ask people for advice, you get it and still you are not able to understand and adapt the information you where given in easy to swallow chunks.

I would like to know when you are actually working on your sites - you say you have oh so much work to do but you actually post like 50% of the current posts. I go with Chip who said that people here work more in a week than you in a year.

I am also very amazed by the endurance of some people and that they still have the nerves helping you - that shows that they are genuinelly very helpful and that they must have dealt with other not so easy persons.

So - again - downgrading other very knowledgeable peoples experience by derogating their postings, their person or making even bad fun of other people is the utmost inappropreate way of saying "Thank you".

For my part you are finally the first and I bet only person who will be moved to my ignore list - not just for a week like I usually do but permanently.

This is because 99.999% of your postings are everything other than polite, helpful, appropriate.

I choose not to read any more postings of your derogative way of communicating with other human beings.

Regards

DEVELISH

if you get a merchant account for adult - which is very unlikely at your level and costs a lot omre than $750 to get started with - you will need a gateway and negative databases or you will need netbilling. when you add netbilling's low handling charges and the merchant account's percenates, you are very close to the same reduced rates that ccbill and epoch offer their people who make that much money.

but the most important thing you are missing is that if visa cancels you through your own merchant account for using termslike "young", "youngster" etc on your site, you will no longer be able to process visa in the u.s. even through ccbill or epoch. you will be blacklisted by visa competely.

ccbill and epoch's compliance departments make sure we comply with visa and mastercard's requirements for our protection as well as their own - if you have your own merchant account, you are your own compliance department. break the rules and you're fucked by visa potentially permanantly and also legally responsible for any legal violations.

maxpower
    I do see what you are saying, and I am the first to say I am not ready for a merchant account, its just something I would really like to look into in the future. I really do see allot of big sites that go that wrought in the end. I will have to do allot of research, but it might be a good idea to have your own merchant account in the future, who know what is going to happen with all these processors, the day might come that to really operate efficiently you have to have your own merchant account.

The one good things about all this Ccbill stuff is that it will really help me understand what I can get away with as far as text and themes. I don’t not want to fuck myself on all this, its just that I would like to be as independent as possible ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    if you get a merchant account for adult - which is very unlikely at your level and costs a lot omre than $750 to get started with - you will need a gateway and negative databases or you will need netbilling. when you add netbilling's low handling charges and the merchant account's percenates, you are very close to the same reduced rates that ccbill and epoch offer their people who make that much money.

but the most important thing you are missing is that if visa cancels you through your own merchant account for using termslike "young", "youngster" etc on your site, you will no longer be able to process visa in the u.s. even through ccbill or epoch. you will be blacklisted by visa competely.

ccbill and epoch's compliance departments make sure we comply with visa and mastercard's requirements for our protection as well as their own - if you have your own merchant account, you are your own compliance department. break the rules and you're fucked by visa potentially permanantly and also legally responsible for any legal violations.

abostonboy
    Ya sure you are right I was just taking way ahead, I am not going to run out tomorrow and try to get an merchant account. I will also be adding a independent stats program before I do that too, its just that I can not see myself 5 years from now still with Ccbill paying 15-12% of every transaction to them, and like 375$ a year. Also I believe things will be very different 5 years from now, I do not even know if Ccbill will be around then or worth playing with.
    Don't even be thinking about it now. When the times comes for you to get a merchant account, it may coset a 2,000,000 deposit. Who knows. The niche you are going in is so damn risky. One word fucked up a year from now and you could be dead in the water.

Toni_Enzo

1. You are such a small fish in this pond that there is absolutely no reason why you would not go with CCBILL. If $750 for Visa is too much for you, where the heck do you get the nerves to start dreaming of your own merchant account. Do you have any idea what it takes to set it up, plus the fees you need to pay, plus you will need some sort of an affiliate stats program..... and on and on...

Basically you're not a big player, so if sites like SeanCody and CorbinFisher go along with CCBILL I don't see a reason (besides the obvious fees) why you would NOT?

And to have your own merchant account for the sake of "status"?????

Dude, Are you sure you're in the right business at all?

Geeez, see the replies of the people that are in this business for years and learn.... (This was said in almost every thread you started or participated in so far and you never do)

maxpower
    Well I was just thinking out loud about this whole merchant account thing, this thread is really about how much more affiliates like this Ccbill stuff. This just came up when I was taking about what I would like to think about doing next, but I would like to be thinking really hard about all this before it does cost me a 2,000,000 deposit to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    Don't even be thinking about it now. When the times comes for you to get a merchant account, it may coset a 2,000,000 deposit. Who knows. The niche you are going in is so damn risky. One word fucked up a year from now and you could be dead in the water.

big programs like topbucks, ars and cecash - the BIG adult players - use third party processors. they tried their own merchant accounts, and for various reasons, went back to using processors.