Thread: What Makes A Good Affiliate Program Design?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Makes A Good Affiliate Program Design?

Im considering redesigning the Condom Cash affiliate site at the moment and was wondering, in your opinion, as affiliates, what makes a good program design in your mind?

Regards,

Lee

i prefer an affiliate site with a little eye candy but - more important - i want to find the facts very easily. the prettiest site in the world is useless to me if i can't find the bottom payout line - not advertising hype like how much i COULD make, but the real numbers. finding facts like the payout schedule is a big plus - i don't just want to hear weekly, i want to know if i send sales from the first to the seventh of a month how many days/weeks later i'll be paid.

i also like to easily be able to view the sites in the program without joining and without popups.

an icq or phone contact for webmasters with questions is a plus.

Marc
    I like the condomcash design

As an affiliate, the first thing I look for is a link that says what sites you offer, and yours is easy to find.
    The second thing I look for is a button that shows your advertising materials, and yours is easy to find.

the only thing I would change is to make your payout more clear. "Up to $44 a sale" is confusing to me.
    Dont tell me what my potential is, tell me what my checks WILL be.
    I cant tell if you're a pps sponsor who pays $44 a sale, if you pay $30 a sale, if youre doing 50% revshare, 60% revshare.
    Its unclear to me, and to be honest Im not going to read that whole page to find out. A sponsors actual payout should be clearly stated in big bold letters so theres no confusion.

other than that, I like the design.

Also reading Basschicks post on support, I once emailed your support department asking if I could check out the members area and I never got a response.
    just saying : )

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I once emailed your support department asking if I could check out the members area and I never got a response.
    Weird, all support emails come to me directly and generally speaking, they get replied to as soon as they are received by me.

Im not saying you werent replied to but, if you werent, it certainly wasnt intentional and ill offer my apologies now for that.

That being said, the only time I'll issue a user/pass to someone is if its a review site and then, it has to be a site that i contacted first.

I used to offer temp user/pass combos on Stud Money and they always (without fail) ended up on password trading sites so i made it policy to not issue them to anyone unless i make the initial contact.

Regards,

Lee

abostonboy
    Sites with Multiple tours, especially when the program advertises that.