Thread: a silly question

tyrain

a silly question

Recently I read about paysites offering several options to the person with the credit card.

Cascade is great for a webmaster. Lets assume I am a CBILL affiliate for a particular site and the person is declined and moved over to another processor. It seems that I lose the deserved income due to the cascade.

Sorry Guys... I enjoy writing these simple questions. This site is, after all, meant to educate the newbees.

what you're talking about isn't really a cascade. real cascading does give credit but there is no way for a webmaster to do it using a ccbill program. so no, if it's a ccbill revshare program, there is no way for the affiliates to be tracked if the webmaster sends declines to another processor.

xenigo
    When cascading software is used, CCBill or Paycom, Verotel, etc. are simply used for processing alone, not for their affiliate backend solutions. Cascading software offers the ability for affiliates to be managed, and traffic to be tracked, using the cascading software itself. Therefore giving you credit for all sales generated, regardless of the IPSP used for processing.

but he's talking about a ccbill specific affiliate, not an affiliate of a program using a cascading solution.

xenigo
    I've not heard of a program using a cascading system without actually using an affiliate backend solution. If that is the case, and they are tracking with an ISPS specific link code, I'd not do business with them.