Thread: Fake TGP questions

HammerHead

I Wonder? Fake TGP questions

One of the projects I was hoping to get started on is a "fake tgp". I basically have a lot of free time on my hands and I don’t mind maintaining the TGP every day, adding my own galleries and other fhg’s to it, etc.

But before getting started I have a few questions:

- Are there any downsides to this general approach of using a fake TGP?

- What would be the best way for me to get lots of traffic to the TGP early on? I don’t mind investing a bit in paid traffic sources if that will work.

- I had my heart set on TGP Rotator from jmbsoft.com but are there any competing products I should be evaluating?

Thanks in advance for your advice :-)

abostonboy
    TGP Rotator is awesome.

Buy some traffic and use a trading script.

are you going to be using fhg's or making your own galleries?

Xstr8guy
    Traffic trading... hmm. Not a fan. I generally like to treat my surfers with a little more respect than jerking them around from one bad TGP site to another. Why not try to grow your traffic more organically? Start by sending some of your 404 traffic, put up links on your existing sites, trade links with friends, etc.

When I first started my fake TGP, I spent a lot of time adding FHGs and sent a little of my traffic. And with just the few hundred hits it was getting, I was making some nice extra sales. I bet it was more productive than some TGPs that get 10,000 hits.

Lesson... don't let your TGP go to hell! First, I stopped adding new FHGs. Then during a server move, I had troubles with the reinstallation so the site sat idle for months until I got a new install. Then I found out that I lost 90% of the FHGs that i had entered because the backup file was outdated. My little side project turned into trash. I'm trying to revive it but I just don't have the time anymore to enter all of those FHGs.

abostonboy
    I agree about the traffic trading.

If you have a NICHE, then you don't need a ton of traffic. And your surfers will be loyal. If its just another twink tgp, you might as well buy/sell/skim traffic.

A 1,000 no blind linked hits a day w/ no blind links out (skimming) to a bear tgp is worth more than 50,000 skimmed hits to a twink tgp. trust me.

If you used tgp rotator you wouldnt have to worry about re-enetering the database. It can pop in thousands and do some might nice tracking for ya as well....

Hope this helps.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    A 1,000 no blind linked hits a day w/ no blind links out (skimming) to a bear tgp is worth more than 50,000 skimmed hits to a twink tgp. trust me.
    Lol, quit giving away all of the secrets!

abostonboy
    That's just me. Most people don't listen anyways.

HammerHead
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    are you going to be using fhg's or making your own galleries?
    Until I get the hang of designing my own galleries, I think it will be mostly fhg's. Maybe 80% of the content on the TGP will be fhg's to start with.

traffic trading is the easiest and most effective way to quickly build your traffic base, you can get a tgp running at 20,000 hits a day within a few months and then cut the trades by dropping the skim factor and then only listing your "favourite partner sites" section.

as for running fake TGPs, its MUCH more effective if you mix FHGs with a good % of your own made sites....surfers have seen most FHGs before and are more likely to stay & come back & purchase a membership if they are treated to some unique galleries. If you are not submitting galleries, it takes no time to buy content, split them into groups of 15-20 images then run them through a gallery creator and its well worth the effort.

cheers,
    Luke