Thread: Update Schedules?

maxpower

Update Schedules?

I was just wondering what you think is the best update schedule to keep? I know some kind of daily update sounds the best, but I have also heard its better to do every other day or ever 3rd day instead. What do you think about this.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Consider this...

For each and every update you do, you are going to need to purchase more content.

I currently update once a week on the Condom Cash sites and have a backup of 3 months content in the system ready to run.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    True, but I am counting when my feeds update as updates right or wrong, and getting new content is what I spend about 1/3 of my time doing now days. So all and all it would not be that hard to do some kinds of daily updates, do you think this is best or to update weekly my own content just add more of it a once? I can really yet again see both way, its good to keep it fresh, but small updates could get annoying.

abostonboy
    Updates to me are YOUR content. Not feeds.

I ran a $15 a month persoan asian cam site.

Monday - Photoset of My boi

Weds - Exclusive Asian model

Fri - Video that related to the Monday Photoset

Sat/Sun - Each day was something different.

Notice the "trick" to retain members. They saw the pics on Monday, but had to wait for the video of Friday. If the pics are good, then they will want to see the video. Even if their membership ends on Thurs. Retention to that site was fucking amazing.

Weekly updates are boring.

maxpower
    Well for me a update is a update, as long as they have new videos or movies and bout 2-3 set of pics its a update to me. I am sure most viewers do not really care how they get new content as long as they get new content.

I am going to do a section that has pics and videos of the same sets, but those are a bit hard to find in big numbers so I will a limit that part to 1or2 new ones a month I am thinking now.

abostonboy
    Maybe that will work for you.

I remember when I was doing consulting for Boy Orgasm when they first started.

to bump up memberships on their third month in business they added 3 new photosets a day. Retention and conversions went through the roof.

Just depends on how fast you want to grow and the quality of your content. If all you are adding is sets that are on Ugas, just look how many they get a day.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    Maybe that will work for you.

I remember when I was doing consulting for Boy Orgasm when they first started.

to bump up memberships on their third month in business they added 3 new photosets a day. Retention and conversions went through the roof.

Just depends on how fast you want to grow and the quality of your content. If all you are adding is sets that are on Ugas, just look how many they get a day.
    Ya I get pics mainly right now for free/avs sites and the graphics I am creating. I would say my main focus is action movies and videos, pics are ok to make sales, but I really like videos more for members. I do think you are right the more updates the better, with my feed update schedule, and my own additions I think I could offer almost daily updates for members.

abostonboy
    For me an update is anything YOU upload to your server. God, If I look at the TWYM Mag and every time they added a model and said it was an update, I would be worried. Even the feeds update sporatically. I remember many people itching on Tyler's room about no updates on the blind date feed. Since it was pushed when it was updated. Many members wited like a hawk. When they updated on a not to retention friendly schedule many just joined gayblinddate. Have to be careful over how heavy you push content you have no control over.

Blueyedb0y
    Once a week works for me and if chance that I'm late on an update, I will do 2 updates that week.

Cheers

M@