Thread: Tgp Question....

abostonboy

Tgp Question....

What do you think og using images vs. descriptions in your tgp layout.

I mean the image thing seeems to be the thing. But IF you look at the biggest tgp's they still do the text. ( I am using sites like the hun as an example ).

Toni_Enzo
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy
    What do you think og using images vs. descriptions in your tgp layout.

I mean the image thing seeems to be the thing. But IF you look at the biggest tgp's they still do the text. ( I am using sites like the hun as an example ).
    I've noticed that on the gay side of TGP, all the biggest ones use thumbs, except one, Cand.

abostonboy
    Yea,

Me to. But on the straight side the biggest use text and have for a long time.

Just wondering what you all think.

I know lately I am getting pissed with the pics thing. It seems like the most shocking pics are the ones that goto another tgp.

TGP's seem to be skimming a lot on the gay side. More so all the time.

Xstr8guy
    Easy. Use both. Alternate table of text links with thumb links.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Also, dont forget, the large straight TGPs were the ones that launched before every other webmaster launched their own tgp.

Being in the first among a new traffic source, generally speaking, means you get a lot more traffic to play around with and maintain.

Regards,

Lee

if you use the thumb preview model, you will have a much bigger selection of tgps to trade with as text and thumb preview tgps don't trade together too well. on the other hand text tgps have better search engine hits and if descriptions are kept accurate or only categories are used to list the galleries, the productivity is higher.

abostonboy
    Bass,

I am going for zero trades.

Looking at all the "NEW" tgp's that sprang up in the past few years with heavy trades. FEW are still around. Most last a year at most.

I know when i came back in the biz after 2 years off, 80% of my database was trash.