Thread: Why do content providers only send videos out on CD?

Marc

Why do content providers only send videos out on CD?

instead of making them downloadable?

I know before it was because of Acacia, but Acacia is over now, so why do I have to wait over a week when I order videos?
    Id like to just download them after Ive paid for them and start working with them now.

Also why do content providers only give you a few days to download your picture sets after youve paid for them. Once I use them, if I log back in I cant download them anymore. The link to download has expired.

What if I lost them? What if its 2 months later and I want to use them on another site, or redownload the origionals them after Ive touuched them up?
    I DID pay a high price for them, why cant I download them again?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Marc,

As far as im aware, the Acacia case hasnt been resolved as yet.

Regards,

Lee

acacia is not over yet.

most providers tell me they send videos on dvds because of the size of the videos and the bandwidth issues they would have.. some will let you dl them if you ask.

xenigo
    I put a 4.5 gig AVI file on a 4.6 gig DVD the other day. I don't think anyone would want to download that. LOL

I also ship on MiniDV tape too, for archival purposes.

The photo content was over 8 gigs.

Paul Markham
    We provide them on FTP, but we don't do Gay. So not a lot of help.

usually if you ask they will provide a download as well, but I like getting the videos on DVD so that I can rip them myself at a higher quality than what they would normally provide.

cheers,
    Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Bandwidth is a huge issuse. When I worked at a previous provider we would FTP videos for our clients and sometimes it would take up to 4 days of downloading to get the huge files. And that was in the early days of dsl when videos were only 10 minutes. So when you have someone with ten hour long videos, that's a lot of time and bandwidth.

We had a choice here to either provide our clients with samples of our videos or make the videos available for download. We just couldn't do both. Most of our clients would rather be able to preview the videos before they buy then rather than buy them purely on faith.

Not to mention that the amount of time it would take to download five scenes you can get it by mail, and if you get it by mail you already have a backup.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

maxpower
    And if you just downloaded the videos they would not be able to break it up into different sizes, file types, and all the other extras the better content provides do for you with videos.

wwc-pajio
    ....we upload the content too!! :thumbsup: