Thread: who here uses their server stats?

who here uses their server stats?

i've talked to several paysite owners in the last few days who don't have server stats that show their hits, referring urls, countries sent, which users are logging in.

i've talked to other people who don't own paysites who either don't have server stats or don't know how to read them.

who here has stats and uses them and who doesn't?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Hi

I use TraceWatch and StatIt4 (DEMO)

TraceWatch I find is nicer to look at and it provides a view where one can see the path a user has gone.

StatIt4 is more technical to me and has quite good Search-Word extraction (Menu "Queries" in the Demo).

CCount I use infrequently to track clicks for some links I set.

Sometimes I do look at my Webalizer and AwStats for the servers, too.

DEVELISH
    :-D

abostonboy
    Me. Every day I ask my host to count how many servers I have.

abostonboy
    Seriously I use wsuage and then dl the log file and play with it on a couple different programs.

but I really like wsuage (spelling?) a lot. But it can be set up different depending on your hosting compnay.

http://www.boutell.com/wusage/

Ugh I am a version behind.....

The next question one should ask is how many have their stats passwrord protected?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I use my stats on a weekly basis. My server stats comes password protected, as I think most do, unless you use a cheap throw away hosting company.

I use Excel to analyse the logs as well, and run different stats programs for different reasons. Some take a long time, so I do them less frequent in order to get all the details, then chart them where necessary on excel.

Why people don't is a mystery to me, as how can you tell what is working or what to target without the information provided by the logs and decent stats programs. :coffee:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Top Cat
    We just got Google Analytics and it is amazing! Great details and all sorts of stuff that I haven't figured out yet. I think it may tell us the name and home address of each visitor to our site but haven't quite found it.

It did tell us that we are getting lots of hits on our landing pages from China. Time to start redirecting methinks!

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    I use Excel to analyse the logs as well, and run different stats programs for different reasons. Some take a long time, so I do them less frequent in order to get all the details, then chart them where necessary on excel.
    What do you do with Excel? What stat-softwares do you use?

@all: do any of you use Geo-Targeting?

DEVELISH
    :-D