Thread: ePassporte Advice for Newbie

desslock

ePassporte Advice for Newbie

Hey guys

I have an affiliate in Australia who wants to pay me, but we've run up against that foreign currency check problem again. I know many of you use ePassporte, and so I want to suggest to this as a solution for us. I guess I'm the only person out of Australia who has ever had any significant sales.

Is it a big cost for them to "sign up"? I'm not really sure how to explain it to them.

And I went to their website - does that mean I need to get that VISA Electron card? Do any of you work just fine with the Virtual Visa, which I see carries no annual fee?

Thanks
    Steve

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    To withdraw you'll need the electron card. If they sign up as a business it'll cost, as an individual they have to fund the account with $25 of which $5 goes to the fee or something like that.. but don't quote me.. me use it, me not like it.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

desslock
    Well then what is the point of a virtual visa? Your money just sits out there in the ether getting eaten away slowly by inflation?

They have suggested sending me my money via wire. So in any case there will be fees from the money changers. But apart from the fees, I'm uncomfortable giving my bank info to other businesses on the other side of the world who I"ve never even met.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    Well then what is the point of a virtual visa? Your money just sits out there in the ether getting eaten away slowly by inflation?

They have suggested sending me my money via wire. So in any case there will be fees from the money changers. But apart from the fees, I'm uncomfortable giving my bank info to other businesses on the other side of the world who I"ve never even met.

Steve
    I use Virtual Visa all the time to pay some bills and buy some stuff (even if lots of websites dont accept virtual visa from epassporte) i.e hosting bills, buying domain name.

PS I'm in Australia

fishy (@) zbuckz.com
    ICQ 294373975

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well I suppose Steve it depends on how much they owe you and send you whether or not a wire fee is cheaper or not. The electron card is good at any ATM, which is how you withdraw the money. As for it being eaten up by inflation, well... so it will be even if in your chequing account.

Not sure how your banks work, but up here I routinely get wire transfers in from Australia and elsewhere and they are secured. No debits can occur without the bank phoning for my approval, so I don't worry about it. However, being a paranoid bitch, I have a second account that is simply transfer the wire funds directly to when they arrive, so that the account given out is never got more than a few bucks in it, in case the bank forgets to call. And no the account is at a different bank (as in different company not just branch)

God I love internet banking :thumbsup:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I stuck with the virtual visa for the first year I had my epass account, used it for domain names, design payments, online purchases, etc...and even after spending on it as much as possible I managed to accumulate a lot of cash in that account. So I finally shelled out the $25 or whatever and got the piece of plastic and have not looked back since. Its brilliant, being in Australia it used to take about 7-10 days to get paid from a lot of places, now its all instant and I get my cash as quickly as I can walk to the nearest ATM machine.

cheers,
    Luke

Camper than a row of tents
    ICQ Keyser at 95431302 and he'll help you out.
    I post here to whore this sig.

I agree that having the plastic card is worth the extra $$ ... you can use it at an atm, use it to pay for dinner, fill the gas tank ... any place you'd use a regular credit card can take your epassporte card for purchases.