Thread: Julie Banderas vs. Shirley Phelps-Roper

Toni_Enzo

Julie Banderas vs. Shirley Phelps-Roper

Don't know who saw it already.... but... this is crazy 4 minutes... not the way to the an interview, but still... she totally lost it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdT9...click%2Ecom%2F

Marc
    I love how for 20+ years now Phelps goes around calling us fags and harassing us and protesting our funerals, the news doesnt give a shit. But now that the military is involved Oh NOW its wrong.

You go to Freerepublic.com and they talk about how the Westboro Baptist Church is nuts, then you go to another page on the site and they constantly call us fags and dykes and laugh about it.

However Phelps DOES have a point, if you follow the bible to the letter then we are abominations.
    But also in the bible you can find passages that condone slavery, selling off your daughters, not eating pork or shellfish, etc etc.

The bible is brilliantly written. No matter WHAT your opinion is in life you can find passages to support it. The KKK use passages in the bible to condone racism against anything not white, for example.
    And Julie Banderas uses other passages in the bible to promote peace and love your neighbor.

So different groups can cherry pick anything they want from the bible to justify their actions, whether its peace or war. Or protesting funerals.
    Blow them all away, in the name of the lord - Jerry Fallwell.
    How Christlike

i don't think it's that the bible is brilliantly written - i think that it's more that people love to reinterpret things to suit themselves. i bet i could find plenty of books that could be interpreted to mean anything one wants.

part of the problem with the bible quoters is that they only quote the parts that they like and then decide the rest doesn't apply to them. for example, there's the part that says judge not lest ye be judged. somehow some people feel that this doesn't count if they're trying to force someone else to follow the other parts of the bible. same with "thou shalt not kill". and how many republicans have been found out commiting adultry?

so i feel it's not really a question of anything more than the fact that a lot of so-called religious people will do things that are clearly stated to be wrong in no uncertain terms as long as they want to or it fits their community worldview. what do they care if jesus told us to love each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    The bible is brilliantly written. No matter WHAT your opinion is in life you can find passages to support it. The KKK use passages in the bible to condone racism against anything not white, for example.
    And Julie Banderas uses other passages in the bible to promote peace and love your neighbor.

So different groups can cherry pick anything they want from the bible to justify their actions, whether its peace or war. Or protesting funerals.
    Blow them all away, in the name of the lord - Jerry Fallwell.
    How Christlike

Toni_Enzo
    Ok... my point was more of how the "newslady" lost it and started bitching, quoting and literally telling her own guest that she is full of bullshit... I've never seen such interview...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Enzo
    Ok... my point was more of how the "newslady" lost it and started bitching, quoting and literally telling her own guest that she is full of bullshit... I've never seen such interview...
    I think it's faux-outrage. I see a newer newscaster substituting for John Gibson and using this opportunity to make a name for herself as hard hitting and trying to show the Fox execs that they should give her her own show.
    A real news reporter would just ask the questions with a disappointed look on their faces to show their fans they dont agree with what the interviewee is saying, but thats it.
    This clip is all over the web so she's did a good job promoting herself and her show.

I find it hard to believe that an experienced newscaster who has seen everything under the sun would genuinely fly off the handle from some bitch with hate speech.

rhys
    my jaw was on the floor when i watched that clip.

i couldn't believe my eyes when the interviewer just lost it.

i mean the phelps dudes are obviously crazy but i was laughing out loud when phelps called banderas 'little missy' it was hilarious. all the way through i kep thinking that phelps was going to come out and say 'i'm going to get you and your little dog too!'

i had no idea that that 'church' also obviously believes in no make up and hair dye... talk about the wicked witch of the west!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Jesus must be spining in his grave, so to speak, Phelps people are crazy

D-Rock
    That was crazy!! I can't even believe that happened on Live TV - I've got to watch the news more often!

Good for Julie!! I'm glad she told off that hyper religious inbread hick!
    People like Shirley are do diluted and have no idea how to live and let live.

Takemytaco
    thanks Toni for posting it

I think she should be the next grand marshall for gay pride. the church lady is doing so much for the "AGENDA"

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    OMG - I can't believe thats what they actually had on tv. I had to turn the volume down and have a hard time understanding all that yelling. Why are they giving such a Person so much airtime? If News Corp. wants to help they should not bring that lady in front of any TV but instead show a gay-themed movie or something like Queer as Folk.

DEVELISH
    :-D

Do You Like My Vajeen Kewlaidkiddd's Avatar
    This is really fun to watch... Damn Go Julie!
    Chris Baker
    Gay Content Representative
    AEBN
    AIM: RavestormEKG
    1-800-628-0241 ext 187
    chrisb@aebn.net

rhys
    and as the saying goies 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'

the phelps klan are nothing but media whores. negative comment to them are like water on a duck's back....