Thread: What size banners for blog sites?

Xstr8guy

What size banners for blog sites?

What are good dimensions for banners to be placed in blog sites margins? Is there a new standard size?

abostonboy
    How many columns is your blog?

Xstr8guy
    I don't actually have a blog of my own. I'm more concerned about banners for my affiliates.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    It'll depend on the sidebar widths that the blogger is using. Mine for example is 240 pixels wide though I use no image over 200 pixels wide. Generally I keep the images down to maximum 300 pixels height as well. You can go longer but if its for affiliates, I'd recommend about 160 pixel width and max height of 300 pixels.

That should fit most sidebars even if they go with a 3 column blog.

hth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

abostonboy
    Xtr8,

I know it's a subjective matter as MANY webmasters want to create their own blog entries to have different text for the SE.

But are you also going to create blog entries for affiliates like zbuckz does?

That is kindda cool.

Xstr8guy
    So Ian... between 120-160x200-300? No good standard size that's safe for just about everybody?

ABB, We currently have no plans to create blog entries for affiliates. We are rolling out the program slowly and carefully.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Given how easy it is for people to customize their blog templates, there really isn't a safe standard. However like I said, 160 is pretty well safe, 120 might be too narrow.. 140 would be maybe your safest... but my opinion only.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

robin
    I've used and do use the following sizes in no particular order:

125x125 150x150 120x600 150x500 160x600 60x468 120x240

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Given how easy it is for people to customize their blog templates, there really isn't a safe standard. However like I said, 160 is pretty well safe, 120 might be too narrow.. 140 would be maybe your safest... but my opinion only.
    I agree on the 140 width - it seems to work really well in sidebars on various templates. Not too small and borders out nicely if the sidebar is 150 or 160 overall. Various heights is good - I seem to be leaning towards those that are in the 300 range or making my own that fit 140x300 presentation.