Thread: Need someone to design a members area for me

Marc

Need someone to design a members area for me

any recommendations?

I can look at people who can just design a nice looking template for the members area, or someone who can also do the whole thing with slicing up movies and making galleries and stamping my sites name on everything for an additional fee.
    I have a mountain of bulk unedited content and am overwhelmed right now.
    thanks

just my opinion, but i feel a member area is best done by the person who designs the tour. the idea is that that way the member area and tour will have the same feel.

maxpower
    Ya I am having my members area done by the same people that are doing my tour, the problem I have is knowing what to tell them I really want. Its hard to know what I will need in the future after all the members area changes so much. :max:

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    just my opinion, but i feel a member area is best done by the person who designs the tour. the idea is that that way the member area and tour will have the same feel.
    yeah but im overwhelmed and would rather pay a pro to do it than do it myself.

abostonboy
    Marc,

Im me man. Let's talk.

To a pooint the member's area TEMPLATE should be done by the person designing the tour. And for MANY designers they consider the template a .css file and a header at the top with a logo. And something at the bottom. It's up to you to fill in the gaps.

Member's area design is an art in itself. The exact same content presented in two ways can make or break retention.

Example. If you have a model and his galler/videos which approach do you take?

1. Easy way. A page of thumbnails (not even guving him a name) leading to the gallery or video. So many sites do this. On this type of page you can literally have one page and keep loading it up with thumbs that lead to the gallery/video.

2. Do you give personality to your site. Example - 24 Year old Mike is a cutie. That goes without saying, but Man wait until you see the amount of foreskin this guys is carrying, and it's almost as big as the load he shoots.

In case 2, you are bonding with a surfer and giving him motivation to want to see this photoset. It may be a set if you just said nothing that the surfer would ignore. Maybe he didnt like your thumb? In case to you have given him two facts - he has a lot of foreskin, and he shoots a big load. That maybe what turns the surfer on more than just the thumb and makes your site sticky.

So my advice is to whoever did the tour, create the template, and having someone that know's the theory behind retention do the actual "design" of the area itself.

MOST designers have never run paysites and don't understand the tricks to retention.

It appears you want to edit the vids and all that and have someone else put it all together. Am I right?

And you can use a CMS system, but even then talk to someone with member's area experience when it comes to the actual layout and presentation of your content.

I know from experience, when I went from just putting a thumb and linking to a gallery on bought content to actually talking up what is inside the gallery. I was seeing through server stats that surfers were actually exploring the site more and page views were up, and ultimately retention.

Hope this helps, you know you can call or aim me....

Melanie24
    Hi Marc, we may be able to help you with your current requirements. See sig.

Feel free to contact us. Thanks!