Thread: Basschick & others that use Squeeze 4.0

Basschick & others that use Squeeze 4.0

I use Adobe Premiere to watermark our movies and then export to Squeeze to do our compression into 2 sizes in 2 formats.

I've only just started doing this myself having used an outside source for so long.

My question is this on our full length movies I want to have a template/preset of sorts that will produce one 'full length' version of the movie and then also chop it into 2 minute segments automatically.

Ideally I'd like to do this in Squeeze during the compression process but if I have to do it in Premiere that's cool too, I just can't see or figure out how it can be done???

Alternatively if you have another proggy in mind that does the above (watermark & chop to predesignated clip lengths) then please forward that info too

Appreciate it guys,

Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats reminds me..

I need to set the desktop machine back up so i can get these 20 dvds encoded, i swear the amount of work webmasters have never bloody ends :eek:

Regards,

Lee

sorenson is an encoding program.

go to boilsoft and get their splitter
    http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/
    it's incredibly fast.

split the videos, then put them all in sorenson. i did that last night and when i woke up all the videos were done in several sizes and speeds

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    sorenson is an encoding program.

go to boilsoft and get their splitter
    http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/
    it's incredibly fast.

split the videos, then put them all in sorenson. i did that last night and when i woke up all the videos were done in several sizes and speeds
    I'm gonna climb that big hill between me and WeHo and give you a big Hug!!

Thanks
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

glad to help

aren't you in silverlake? i'm under the hollywood sign.

we will have to traverse the distance and do a weho lunch next month. this time, you have to show up

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover
    I'm gonna climb that big hill between me and WeHo and give you a big Hug!!

Thanks
    Dave

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thats reminds me..

I need to set the desktop machine back up so i can get these 20 dvds encoded, i swear the amount of work webmasters have never bloody ends :eek:

Regards,

Lee
    Agree. Just when I think I am getting ahead, a whole new months worth of work just appears.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    glad to help

aren't you in silverlake? i'm under the hollywood sign.

we will have to traverse the distance and do a weho lunch next month. this time, you have to show up
    I drink in Silverlake sometimes but I'm in Sherman Oaks

& yes to both on lunch

D
    Domain inventory sale.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Anyone ever watch an old sitcom on Showtime called "Sherman Oaks" about the plastic surgeon and his crazy family? Was hilarious.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    well on this recomendation I bought squeeze 4.3 and have to say it has been a nightmare. The basic settings of course are not at all good for what we are doing and if they are altered, then it crashes and there we are. Not getting a bit of help from the tech department and instructions are non-existant. I am going to scrap this and blow off the 400 bucks. Anybody recomend a really premier place that WILL do great / clear compression on our content. I have been screwing with this for months and am pretty much at the end of my rope.

dude, i almost can't comprehend that. i don't know another person who has has these problems. maybe it's the way you are changing the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M
    well on this recomendation I bought squeeze 4.3 and have to say it has been a nightmare. The basic settings of course are not at all good for what we are doing and if they are altered, then it crashes and there we are. Not getting a bit of help from the tech department and instructions are non-existant. I am going to scrap this and blow off the 400 bucks. Anybody recomend a really premier place that WILL do great / clear compression on our content. I have been screwing with this for months and am pretty much at the end of my rope.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Two thoughts:

Regarding Sorenson: I have heard from a couple of sources that sorenson 4.2 and 4.3 have had some issues with some processors. I know from personal experience that 4.2 does not work reliably on AMD 64 processors (crashes intermittently), but works fine on Intel processors.

What I have found is that with all versions of Sorenson, it is more likely to crash if you load up a bunch of jobs (i.e., more than 2 or 3) using the "import" function. However, if you put all the files to be encoded in one folder and then use the "watch folder" function, 4.1 works fine on either AMD or Intel, and 4.2 works fine on Intel. I thought 4.3 was supposed to fix those problems, but sounds like it may not have. Don't give up on it; Sorenson has some of the best and fastest codecs in the industry, I'd contact their support and see what they suggest; I know they have rolled some folks back to 4.1 while they were working on the fix, but that was a few months ago.

Regarding Boilsoft: My concern with splitting videos is to make sure that everyone remembers/knows that (as I understand it, at least) you need to have a 2257 notice on any video clip containing sexually explicit material. When we break up our clips, we do it in Premiere so that we can put the clip title (so-and-so jerks off, part 2) and the 2257 notice on the front of the clip. I suppose you could piece the an encoded clip containing 2257 info with the WMVs output by Sorenson, using Windows Movie Maker, but we like to do it with pretty crossfades and such, which would require re-encoding to do that.

So our solution is to slice it up in Premiere, add the 2257 to each subclip, output as AVI, and then encode the AVIs to WMV with Sorenson. This has the added advantage of allowing us to preserve the high-res versions of exactly what's being encoded, so if we later want to go back and produce higher bitrate WMVs, we don't have to mess with recreating the break locations or re-doing the 2257 insertion.

i guess i'm lucky - i use a slightly older version of sorenson and i import plenty of stuff without ever seeing a crash. in fact, i've seen sorenson crash a total of once, and i caused it.