Thread: FTP Question

abostonboy

FTP Question

Ok. For some reason my smart ftp will NOT let me upload.

I have done everything. re-installed, run system works.

I love that program to the point where it was all I was using.

DW is okay, but for huge uploads and doing lots of scripting and changing values its a pain in the ass.

I have Cute Ftp Pro, which I never like and Filezilla I didnt like the interface.

Anybody have a suggestion for a small but yet somehat feature packed ftp. Not looking to do macros or funky batch queded uploads. Just something simple and fast like smartp ftp.

OR if anyone has had the same issue w/ smart ftp and know what the hell is wrong, lmk.

thx

abostonboy
    What version do you recommend. My friend swears by that program now that you mention it as I recall.

They have if I recall a home and pro.

I am looking for something small as possible, that give me a little flexibilty, but not really into heavy scripting features.

abostonboy
    Bass,

i don't want to say money is not an object and sound snobbish.

But an ftp program that i use so much I am not shopping on price. It's just a valuable tool that I use everyday. So if it's teh difference between 50 and 100 that's cool.

Just trying to vive as much info as possible.

I know I have an expired demo of the home version. So I am thinking I either idint liek or just like smart so much better. Not sure.

Takemytaco
    I have been using coreftp and loving it

http://coreftp.com/

abostonboy
    Thx

I looked at it quickly and bookmarked.

It will all boil down to the drag drop style interface I gues. I guess that wahat is most important and ease of changing permission and moving files around on remote level.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you use secure FTP (which I recommend, regular FTP passes user and passwords unecrypted), I HIGHLY recommend SecureFX from VanDyke Laboratories.

Very flexible, you can have multiple servers and sessions open at the same time, supports secure and non-secure FTP and FTP over SSH, lots of features and very easy to use. I think it's like $50 or $100 or something, and to us it was totally worth the $. They have a free 30 day tryout i think.

abostonboy
    Thx Boyfunk.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Weve tried most but always come back to using the original wsftp lite - its stable and simple and never lets us down.

http://saddleback.edu/faculty/dbusch...SDownload.html

theres a download link to it on there.

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com