Thread: Do You Have Product On AEBN?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Have Product On AEBN?

Im currently working on a couple of new projects and i was wondering, those of you with products on AEBN or other PPV providers, is there a value per title that you would say is 'standard' when it comes to listing your products in their theatres?

Like can you say, without doubt that for each movie you stream through their system you earn $X amount per year or, is it pretty much hit and miss or dependant on to many variables out of your control?

Likewise, if you utilize more than one PPV provider that you license your products to, if it is possible, what would say the average income generated per year from that service was per title, per provider?

Regards,

Lee

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I think that so long as you can provide AEBN with fresh monthly content, as well as drive traffic to your AEBN theatre, you should have consistent sales. Numbers in sales are sharp the first month a product is online, but drop fairly quickly after the first month. You will even see a quick decline after the initial week, so it is pretty much hit and miss unless you can keep a constant flow of traffic and fresh content to keep your surfers interested and wanting more.

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

abostonboy
    Speaking from a surfer, I would assume it's also based on how well your brand is known. I know there are studios I continue to view based on the brand power of that studio.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    We do well with AEBN. Our revenue remains constant regardless of new or old content from our library.

When AEBN lists us in the "directors of the week" spot, we can usually count on increased sales. This holds true for a featured videos as well.

All of our videos do well. Some a little better but, the truth is that the market is expanding and our material is always new to someone out there.

We have expanded into feeds through others recently with excellent results.

We think its because they are marketing our products to a more specific, targeted audience.

On the other hand, we have given another resource the same number of titles and their revenue is less than 1% of the AEBN return...again, we think its because of marketing.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    AEBN is our number one site......consistently sells well for us and they consistently out sell everyone else, but then, they have been around longer and have an established reputation and market share.

We are beginning to see steady increases from other PPV sites that target our niche so I think ultimately the will surpass AEBN in sales.

But to answer you question Lee, yes, you will be able to calculate how much a film is worth to you on AEBN and will be able to count on that income for years to come. As Tony said, new people are finding AEBN everyday. The first film we put on there, Bareback Buddies, still sells very well every month.

Bill

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill
    The first film we put on there, Bareback Buddies, still sells very well every month.

Bill

That's cuz it's bareback.

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Not true.

None of our stuff is bareback, and it continues to do very well month after month.

It's all about the customer's perception... we're surprised sometimes that titles we don't think are that strong do really well, and other titles we consider stronger don't do as well...

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Not true.

None of our stuff is bareback, and it continues to do very well month after month.

It's all about the customer's perception... we're surprised sometimes that titles we don't think are that strong do really well, and other titles we consider stronger don't do as well...
    i think you are right. It is about the customers perception. And I am speaking from a customer. I have maybe five studios that I watch the fims from rather they are new or not.

I am sure if sean cody or corbin realeaded dvds w/ extra features and put them on there they would be top sellers for a long time. No matter how new they are.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky
    That's cuz it's bareback.

Rocky
    But it is competing with all of our films and all of our films are bareback. The point I was making is that new customers find their way to AEBN every day so all of the films, even the older titles, continue to sell

Do You Like My Vajeen Kewlaidkiddd's Avatar

Thanks for this post

Hi Lee,
    Thank you for this post... not only is it helping you with your project, but also getting me some extra feedback as to how we are doing with our Content Program. Also wanted to let all of you guys know that I am always here to help... especially with our content area... and if you have any questions regarding your content account, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you
    Chris Baker
    Gay Content Representative
    AEBN
    AIM: RavestormEKG
    1-800-628-0241 ext 187
    chrisb@aebn.net

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for the feedback folks i appreciate it

Chris, a quick question for you, when it comes to adding titles to AEBN, what format do you need them in and, what else would we potentially need to give you in addition to the movies?

Regards,

Lee

Do You Like My Vajeen Kewlaidkiddd's Avatar

In a Nut Shell

Well, though we take multiple formats of media to add to our library, our preferred format for submission is currently pal or ntsc DVD. We still take VHS, but only use a small amount of machines with VHS capabilities nowadays.

We also accept some forms of digital media(mpeg, avi, etc..) but these types of media limit our encoding process to the format we recieve them in, whereas a DVD if we need to capture it at higher quality, we just go back to the back and grab it and stick it back in and recapture the material for whatever future formats are availiable.

As far as other material, here is what I look for mainly:

Basic description of the title - couple sentences
    "Box Art" image of the film...like your typical DVD boxcover
    Director listing, Star Listing(first and last stage name*) Per Title, Studio Listing per Title, Title.

*obviously an exception goes as far as having a first and last name for a star... IF that star can take that name and make it unique to themselves... such as Stonie, Supreme(Castro), Thugzilla, Dawson...

Promotional material:
    Bios and stats for stars and directors(contact me for more detail on this)
    Gallery and Headshot IMages for stars(contact me for more detail on this)
    Director Headshot(contact me for more detail on this)
    Studio Logo(contact me for more detail on this)
    Series Logo if you run series on your titles (Dicksuckers 1,2,3,4.....)

We are also looking for things such as scene breakdowns with stars, actions, and so forth for a future project we are working on. Please keep in contact with me for when I have more details on this project... currently I am just in the middle of gathering data for this.

Also if you choose to at this time, we are still storing information for our 2257 database... We have left this option at this time to the manufacturer whether to supply us with this information or not. Though it seems like the war is at a halt at the moment with where pay per view companies stand on this, we still don't know what new crazy rule they will try to imply on us in the future... therefore we try to stay as prepared as possible for this task.

And this should relatively cover everything... roughly. Obviously not all of this information is immediately required, but the more that we can acquire, the easier it is for us to get content up and promoted on our sites as well as ads.
    Chris Baker
    Gay Content Representative
    AEBN
    AIM: RavestormEKG
    1-800-628-0241 ext 187
    chrisb@aebn.net