Thread: How do you put images in front of each other?

Marc

How do you put images in front of each other?

I had a designer do this for me, but now I need to do something fast and dont have time to wait to send it to him and wait a week to get it back.

So how do you do it yourself? do you just follow the edge of their body and cut out the background, then layer the models in front of each other. or is there another way?

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    You are right - cut them out and layer them the way you want to

DEVELISH
    :-D

maxpower
    That is the only way man, and BTW the cropping job that one guy did really sucked. Bad edges bad lighting and shadows on the guys, I hope you did not pay him much I could do better in like 1-2 hours. Just slow down and take your time nothing looks worse than a crappy crop.

Marc
    thanks a lot guys

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    You're very much welcome, Marc
    :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Marc,

A quick way of doing it, if you are using Photoshop is to select the background eraser tool and set the tolerance to somewhere between 10-20% that way, yoou can safely remove the bg on 1 click as long as the bg isnt all that complicated

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Ya you can do that with the magic wand too, only if its a really simple BG but still you are going to have to clean it up 90% of the time and only use images with a very simply BG that will limit your choices. All that said it will work, and in a way that looks that what that one guy did.

abostonboy
    Marc,

The absolute best way is to duplicate the image. Adjust the contrast. Then use a mask on the modified image and apply it to the original.

basiaclly you are creating a mask on an image that you adjust for easy cropping and applying to the original un altered image.

The eraser tools and wand and all that can be use but many times on the image as is they suck and just waste time.

Once I learned how to work with the same image with better borders it was much easier.

Send me the image and I will cut out if you want.

Or ask the designer for the raw design files - then all you have to do is replace the men on that layer.

maxpower
    Bec your being really nice calling the guy that did those cut-outs a “designer” :love: Your being really nice calling the guy that did that cut-outs a “designer” I guess now I can add designer to my portfolio :teach:

abostonboy
    OMG! Unbelievable.

marc, when i'm in a rush, i pay someone else $5 or $10 to do each cut out for me