Thread: Opinion On Pricing

abostonboy

Opinion On Pricing

http://www.straightcollegemen.com/joinscm.html

any thoughts?

I see WHAT he is trying to do, but does it work?

More like getting the money upfront, then trying to keep with a lower ptce the more you sray.

Or is it to create the impression that the content is as good as buying a dvd?

Ideas?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'd noticed that pricing strategy several years ago, and I actually got a chance to discuss it with Matt, who runs SCM, a couple years ago when I met him at Internext.

He said that he'd just sorta stumbled on that strategy, that it was working well for him, and he'd kept it.

Given the fact that he's had the exact same pricing for years, and pays his models at the very high end of the scale, I would say that the strategy is probably successful for him.

HOWEVER... keep in mind also that his member is probably atypical. His tour is VERY text intensive, with hundreds of words about each shoot... and so I think that he probably gets fewer impulse buys and more customers that come back a few times to read about the site before joining. That said, with his pricing structure, I'm betting his retention is incredible.

I would email and ask, but when I met him, he seemed enormously shy and not particularly forthcoming... seemed to me he was at the show more because he thought he should be than because he wanted to meet and interact with people... but I could be totally off, just my impression.

abostonboy
    I remember his site from when he launched on MOTN and said when I get another 15 members he will add a new vdieo. Laways talked to his customer.

And looking at a recent video w/ 5 guys a trip to hawaii and a new truck. That ALMOST got me to join. I mean that's a huge investment.