Thread: IE 7 Problems with Links

Dzinerbear

IE 7 Problems with Links

The other day I installed the new IE 7 (still in BETA I think) and it seems to be giving me some problems. When I click a link on one of my pages, it won't open the link. In the bottom left browser bar it says, "Click Control + enter when enabling pop-ups." But it's not a pop-up. It's just a plain ccbill link created with a PHP link cloaker.

Any ideas?

Also, a buddy of mine in Poland can't get this link to work at all. I don't believe he's upgraded yet. If a couple of people wouldn't mind checking this out for me I'd appreciate it.

Go to the following link, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Check out more of these hot young boys." Can you mention your browser if you're reporting problems.

http://www.wewontscrewyou.com/euro-boys/gay-fruit.html

The site is still under construction.

I just did some further testing on Universal Bear and any of my banners that are propigated by a Javascript give the same message ... looks like it might be the Google tool bar and not IE.

Thanks a lot
    Michael

maxpower
    I have IE 6 and NP with anything

robin
    Actually it may be an IE problem. When IE 6.x SP2 first came out, by default javascript links and links with target="_blank" were treated as popups and security violations.

I had to change my security settings I believe. Since then I think later versions of IE had the default setting switched back to "regular sane mode". They may have gone back to insanity with IE 7 though.

I'm using IE 6.x SP2 and your links work fine for me. Oh and I've got the google toolbar but probably not the latest toolbar.

Dzinerbear
    Thanks Robin, you're absolutely right. I checked the setting and there are a couple that were enabled that once deselected allow the links to pass through. I wonder how much this will affect conversions as more people upgrade to IE 7.

Cheers
    Michael

D-Rock
    IE 6 - and no problems here

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Thanks Robin, you're absolutely right. I checked the setting and there are a couple that were enabled that once deselected allow the links to pass through. I wonder how much this will affect conversions as more people upgrade to IE 7.

Cheers
    Michael
    Cool Michael!

Yeah that is a problem -- when service pack 2 came out I remember going through all my sites and changing over to "regular" links. About 6 months later I went back to doing links the way I had normally done. :hmmph:

Another interesting thing is that those links aren't valid code markup these days -- not that I've ever paid attention to html markup standards -- well that's not quite true -- for 3 months when I first began many moons ago -- and then I realized that it was an imossible task to adhere to the html gods standards.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    About time Microsoft actually work on a new version of IE. I don't think they were ever going to do it but finally competition stepped in and now they have to. I just wish they would do new versions of IE to make things better regardless of competition. It is really sad such a huge company is like that.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!