Thread: Why Do People Say Something And Do The Exact Opposite? LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Do People Say Something And Do The Exact Opposite? LOL

The first thing that comes to mind is the amount of people we have actively posting on the GWW who have (more than once) said they were going to leave and never come back and post again but, more than that, its like the whole industry is filled with people who simply cant make a decision and stick to it.

I just got a message from a guy i was chatting to a few months back about where he could get some good traffic and he said (at the time) he was going to start buying traffic on a regular basis for a few weeks to test out how well it converted from various sources.

So anyway, i asked him how his his experiment went and he said...

'Oh i just said that because it sounded good'

Does anyone else think thats just stupid?

Had he spent the time he said, actually doing that traffic test he would have had a lot of information that he could use in order to generate a decent amount of sales instead, he's gone back to submitting galleries and writing blog entries.

Why do these people constantly say they are going to something then do completely the opposite?

Regards,

Lee

Many a road has been paved with good intentions...

But even you have also said one thing and done another ... so I reckon everyone has their reason(s) for saying one thing and then changing what actually happens.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For us, sometimes priorities shift because of opportunities that come up or changes in the marketplace. We intended to have all of our sites redone much earlier than actually happened, but we had huge problems with designers and programmers, and then our DVD revenues took off so we started focusing on that. We're finally learning balance

But... someone who jsut gets a bunch of info and never intends on doing anything with it, or worse, blatantly says what he thinks he should say... that just doesn't make much sense, nor does it lend credibility to one's organization.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip
    But... someone who jsut gets a bunch of info and never intends on doing anything with it, or worse, blatantly says what he thinks he should say... that just doesn't make much sense, nor does it lend credibility to one's organization.
    Right thats more what i couldnt understand, i guess i should have worded the thread a little better.

Just because something 'sounded right' it was said.

Webmasters amaze me sometimes in the way they do things and run their businesses LOL

I mean, if he had turned around and said he couldnt be bothered, fair enough but, just to say something because he thought that was what would make a better impression.. Crazy.

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I mean, if he had turned around and said he couldnt be bothered, fair enough but, just to say something because he thought that was what would make a better impression.. Crazy.

Regards,

Lee

What Lee? That happens every day in this forum and about every chat room or forums around the world, because of a lengthy list of reasons including wanting to be liked/accepted/respected people lie or skew the truth for personal gain, because of jealousy/fear/hate and about another 50 examples and endless combinations of those and the ones I gave. You have to keep in mind sometimes your not really dealing with more than a “Lizard Brain” you psychology lovers will get that, anyway.

Trust but Verify : Ronald Reagan

abostonboy
    The first thing that comes to mind is the amount of people we have actively posting on the GWW who have (more than once) said they were going to leave and never come back and post again but
    I did that but after talking on icq to another member decided to poast again. . I admit i am a hypocrite at times and I let my temper get to me, and many times it's not just GWW. Like today my payroll got fucked up and my employess all got paid double. I am in a mood where I may something, reconsider, and do another.

I just got a message from a guy i was chatting to a few months back about where he could get some good traffic and he said (at the time) he was going to start buying traffic on a regular basis for a few weeks to test out how well it converted from various sources.

So anyway, i asked him how his his experiment went and he said...

'Oh i just said that because it sounded good'
    Maybe he bought it and it worked great and he doesn't want to share the results. The industry is loaded with people like that.

Why do these people constantly say they are going to something then do completely the opposite?
    I am sure you, just as everyone else, has done the same thing.

My belief in business is the only wrong decision you can make is no decision at all. Even if it's not the one you originally intended. At least once you make it, it's done and you face the music.