Thread: How Big is Too Big? "images"

maxpower

How Big is Too Big? "images"

I was just wondering what most people think is a good limit for demotions in members sites? Personally I do not this most viewers want a 1024X1280 image well unless they want to count pubs, or inspect the guys for skin cancer or something.

demotions?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    I was just wondering what most people think is a good limit for demotions in members sites? Personally I do not this most viewers want a 1024X1280 image well unless they want to count pubs, or inspect the guys for skin cancer or something.

maxpower
    NOt sure If I should post a 250kb image here would slow stuff down, but I can

maxpower

we keep our pics around 1000 pixels or so on the bigger side and high quality. review sites and members both say they really appreciate the bigger pics - in fact, if you read reviews, you'll find sites with bigger pics (as long as they aren't lousy quality) are always rated higher.

Yep the picture slows down the forum and doesn't explain demotions - what are you wanting to know here? The maximum size to use inside a paysite? Med res is 800x Hi res is 1024x - most are around 72 psi

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    we keep our pics around 1000 pixels or so on the bigger side and high quality. review sites and members both say they really appreciate the bigger pics - in fact, if you read reviews, you'll find sites with bigger pics (as long as they aren't lousy quality) are always rated higher.
    I agree w/ basschick.

The MAIN issue I have with MANY sites is NOT color correcting them.

Ultimately you can give them two sizes. Some like big, some like smaller and go through faster.

But make sure they are color corrected and of good quality. It shows.

Best advice - Look at your competition and do it better. Offer more choices and better quality. Members will appreciate that.

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Yep the picture slows down the forum and doesn't explain demotions - what are you wanting to know here? The maximum size to use inside a paysite? Med res is 800x Hi res is 1024x - most are around 72 psi
    Offer both. Not that much work.

I prefer smaller pics at first. Then IF I like the gallery I may view the bigger.

My niche I need bigger, cause members like uncut. So I need to show it.

Dzinerbear
    I think he meant dimensions.

Personally, it I have to scroll horizontally or vertically to see the entire picture, I don't like. I like big pictures, but I don't like them so big that I can't see them.

Michael

dimensions is what i figured he meant.

members mostly seem happy with big pics - ours aren't as big as some, but they are 1000 or more pixels on the larger side. the best option is to offer 2 sizes of pics, but otherwise i wouldn't go below 800x600 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    I think he meant dimensions.

Personally, it I have to scroll horizontally or vertically to see the entire picture, I don't like. I like big pictures, but I don't like them so big that I can't see them.

Michael

Paco
    Bunch of pricks!

Although I do not agree with what the others here at Large Cash have decided, we use the following:

A maximum of 1024 pixels on the largest side (height or width).
    No more than 72DPI for resolution, while often using 1 (yes, that is correct).
    A file size maximum of 200KB.

If a member complains, it is not because they are too large, but rather that they are too small. Many seem to want 1600x1200.

As far as I am concerned, there is not such thing as too large, and when browsing I rarely scroll, because I use the BEST browser out, Firefox, which is consider8 enough to offer the resize option (Resize large images to fit in the browser window).

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower

Well thanks Michael, Bass, and the rest of you guys and girls, but not sure why some of you would be confused about this at all? I did use the word demotions in the first line of the forum, but I do think many of you are right I will work out a way to have both large a reg images. Personally I do not like pics this big, and IE & FF just resize it anyway to fit, and takes awhile for some to load, but I will just give them both options.

Dzinerbear
    "Demotion" is something that happens at work when they bump you down from Manager to Supervisor.

Michael

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    "Demotion" is something that happens at work when they bump you down from Manager to Supervisor.

Michael

“dimensions” sorry I guess I should not trust my auto spell check :max:

Dzinerbear
    Well, spell checkers only work when you misspell a word, not when you misuse a correctly spelled word.

Michael