Thread: DOes it matter what you name your tour page?

Marc

DOes it matter what you name your tour page?

When you make a tour, does it matter what you name your pages?
    I ususally use index.html for the warning page
    then tour1.html for the first page, tour2.html for the second page, and join.html for the join page.

Does it make a difference at all? Will I get more SE traffic if I named it say hunks1.html, hunks2.html?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    When you make a tour, does it matter what you name your pages?
    I ususally use index.html for the warning page
    then tour1.html for the first page, tour2.html for the second page, and join.html for the join page.

Does it make a difference at all? Will I get more SE traffic if I named it say hunks1.html, hunks2.html?
    You will see a relativity boost by naming pages and folders and images with keywords that fit the site. Obviously, index.html needs to be left alone. You should have a site title that reflects whatever you choose to use, and be sure the same word(s) are in your meta description and keywords.

abostonboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    You will see a relativity boost by naming pages and folders and images with keywords that fit the site. Obviously, index.html needs to be left alone. You should have a site title that reflects whatever you choose to use, and be sure the same word(s) are in your meta description and keywords.
    Right on, index.html should lead to something like uncut-bears.html (if that's the niche). Do some googling on certain keywords.

Try and keep as close to root as possible. I like all tour pages to be on the same level as my index. Not under a folder tour1, tour2, etc