Thread: Copying a DVD to a Mac Hard drive

D-Rock

Copying a DVD to a Mac Hard drive

Hi,

I have been using mac's my entire life - God I love 'em! I have one of the new iMac G5's and I'm trying to figure out how to copy a DVD onto my hard drive??? It's simple to import a CD into iTunes - but does the DVD player have an option like that? (I couldnt find one.) Is there a program I can download to do this?

Please help!:penny:

Thanks!
    Derrick

dwaynered
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    Hi,

I have been using mac's my entire life - God I love 'em! I have one of the new iMac G5's and I'm trying to figure out how to copy a DVD onto my hard drive??? It's simple to import a CD into iTunes - but does the DVD player have an option like that? (I couldnt find one.) Is there a program I can download to do this?

Thanks!
    Derrick
    I have an iBook G4 and as far as I know there isn't a factory installed program that let's you copy a DVD to your harddrive.

I recommend Popcorn by Roxio. You can take the image of a DVD, pop it onto your harddrive and do whatever you want with it.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/pop...FUdFCwoda1KqIg

dwaynered
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Derrick
    Forgot to mention that if you're trying to copy an encrypted DVD that's copyrighted, Popcorn won't do it. You'd have to find an illegal program to do that.

GaySearch4Sex
    For LEGAL Copies (For instance, if you are making a copy of a DVD movie your friend made or you are ripping gay content from a DVD you bought a liscence for) Try DVD2OneX

I havent done this for a while, but I think that should work for you. Check download.com or tucows

For editing, I use Roxio Toast to export it as DV to my hard drive. If it's just something you want to be able to watch from your HD and it's not encrypted you can just copy the video_ts and audio to somewhere on your HD and play it with VLC. If it's encrypted you can you handbrake, but it only rips to compressed formats.
    Join exploaded.com's 60% Partnership Program and make more ca$h!
    CCBill cookies last for 9 months
    Excellent Conversions & Retention
    New galleries and the hottest gay content every week!
    FHG's now available via RSS!

D-Rock
    Thanks for the tips!

Derrick