Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Enzo
Ok, here's a question...

why do gay link lists and directories demand 50+ free photos for each gallery one submits?

On the "straight" side most of the big ones demand 20-25 at maximum.

Isn't a gallery with 50 pix giving a bit too much away? Plus some go as far to request 100 or even 300 free pics to have you labeled as "golden" or "prefered" (not AVS!)...

They all have this rule from hunkhunter, gaydemon, hunkmen, altagay etc...

I'm sure I'm missing a good point in this rule... so if there are any linklist owners here I'd sure like to hear why is it so?
I too think 50 pics per page is a bit too much. I appreciate the flexibility with being able to put on more banners... but I work with straight & gay linklists, so I stick to the ones that allow freesites with 20 pics on them (two galleries of 10 pics each). I have a nice submission list now, with a good mixture of gay and regular linklists. You can see it here -
http://www.hot-guys.ws/fs/straight-jerkoff-movies/

BTW, I try to use sponsor content whenever I can. I think it's the best way to promote a site, by showing what's actually on that site, and not some crappy sets from some content provider. Moreover, if I buy content, who's to say it's not been used before? I've seen some sets from content providers that were all over the place...

That said, after promoting a site for a while, I sometimes ask the program owners to let me use some content from the members area and most agree. That way I get content that's not overexposed, and is still from the paysite itself, making everyone happy

I've been doing freesites for a while now, and have found the linklists that send me the most traffic and accept my sites on a regular basis