Thread: Anyone Know Anything About Phone Lines?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Know Anything About Phone Lines?

We're looking at getting a new phone system installed on the office.

What we need is the following:

2 phone lines with dual line capabilities so we can have one call on hold while talking on the other line also, we would like to have some kind of intercom system in place so we can dial from phone to phone as well as from line to line.

Also, not sure if this part is possible but..

We would also like to be able to call a few other places like our New York, New Jersey offices and have those phone lines connected so that we can divert calls to and from those locations too.

Anyone know anything about this type of setup?

Regards,

Lee

spike
    You'r best be it to call bell south and have them send out a rep. he or she will design a complete system. Once they have done that call around to other co. in the area and get bids. The system is possible but you really need a tech. to set it up right so why not use the best out there. They will do it for free. If not bell south what ever co. you are useing at the moment

Jason
    we use voice-over-ip here at our office...works well for us. check it out here:

Vonage

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for the suggestions peeps

It never even dawned on me i could get one of the phone company reps out

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Lee:

You only have two phone lines going into your office? That's actually pretty simple.

If I read your needs properly you can just go to Radio Shack and purchase some two line business phones.

They will have HOLD buttons, as well as CONFERENCE so you can bridge the two lines together. The business phones will have an INTERCOM button. It's a simple feature on phones - you don't need some fancy, schmancy PBX system to do that.

If you get a rep from the phone company, that person will probably oversell you on pricey business phone stuff. I was a store manager for R.S. years ago, and I used to setup little offices all the time with 2, 3 or 4 phone line phones. It's simple, and phone jacks are typically already wired for two lines.

I haven't lookd in awhile, but phones like that are going to be $50 to $99. They even sell similar phones like that at Best Buy.

Remember that if you buy 2-line phones with an intercom, you want to purchase all the same model (or related models). This is a phone "system" - that's how they signal to each other things like Hold indicator lights and the Intercom.

Good luck,
    Steve
    :worker:

Bell
    Originally posted by desslock
    Lee:

You only have two phone lines going into your office? That's actually pretty simple.

If I read your needs properly you can just go to Radio Shack and purchase some two line business phones.

They will have HOLD buttons, as well as CONFERENCE so you can bridge the two lines together. The business phones will have an INTERCOM button. It's a simple feature on phones - you don't need some fancy, schmancy PBX system to do that.

If you get a rep from the phone company, that person will probably oversell you on pricey business phone stuff. I was a store manager for R.S. years ago, and I used to setup little offices all the time with 2, 3 or 4 phone line phones. It's simple, and phone jacks are typically already wired for two lines.

I haven't lookd in awhile, but phones like that are going to be $50 to $99. They even sell similar phones like that at Best Buy.

Remember that if you buy 2-line phones with an intercom, you want to purchase all the same model (or related models). This is a phone "system" - that's how they signal to each other things like Hold indicator lights and the Intercom.

Good luck,
    Steve
    :worker:

and don't get cordless...
    and you might want to consider a nationwide toll free number
    so all your offices can have one hub number for clients

I don't know the details about the phone service that the
    WEGCash.com folks have but they have a multi line and extension
    sort of service - maybe they could give you some feedback...

if you are running the "office" from home and you
    call the phone company about business service questions
    they will convert your phone service from residential
    to business service - - - be forewarned - - the rates
    are higher... and there is a charge PER call - - - even
    for LOCAL calls... and if you have voice mail from most
    phone companies on a business service line - - - they
    even charge you a fee per call for you to call in and
    check for your own voice mail messages (even on local calls)

oh and - - - even Walmart has dual line phones with hold
    button feature and speaker phone... I think Jason123
    internet based solution might be something interesting
    and worthwhile for you to check into...

and please keep us posted with your research results...

thanks...
    good luck...

~Bell